The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-21-2018, 11:32 AM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMW View Post
Not common knowledge just yet, but every Waterloo can now be ordered with the low-oval profile that is standard on the WL-12 and WL-K. This is a new-ish development, so over the course of this year you'll be seeing many more "small neck" versions at dealers.
Wow and if they offered a deep body version of them at or near 5" (besides the jumbo) that would be guitar paradise.

Dreaming of a Scissortail with a round neck now, lol

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 02-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Guest 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
The point to that is that I really think one has to play a Waterloo to find something they like for the long-haul.

Again, they are great guitars and the reasonable price makes them a tremendous deal. Just make sure you know what you are getting
I agree. These are not supposed to be do-it-all workhorse guitars like a 00018 or a J-45. They fill a niche and offer something unique that I personally really love. But I honestly wouldn't recommend them unless you know you like that dry, fundamental, slightly boxy tone. Playability and craftsmanship are off the charts, but that alone is not reason enough to own one, IMO.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:02 PM

I completely agree with this statement.^^^^Well said, Willie!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion