The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 01-08-2018, 09:01 AM

Default Flammang Parlor 12 Fret (P30) - Off to eBay

This is a little beauty made by David Flammang.

Model P30, serial #203

9.5' upper bout
13.25" lower bout
Overall length: 37.5"
1 & 13/16ths nut
2 & 11/32nds bridge string spacing
Red Spruce top
Mahogany back & sides
Comes with the case noted in the comment from David below. Perfectly fine but unbranded and not fancy.

I bought this directly from David almost exactly 5 years ago. Here is exactly what he said about it then:

"a parlor with some of the specs you described. Unfortunately, it met with some binding (glued crack) and cosmetic finish damage. It has the 1 13/16”nut and a 2 11/32“ saddle spacing. V neck shape. Red spruce top. National inspired peghead w/Madagascar rosewood face plate. Unbound ebony fretboard. Brazilian rosewood bridge(stained black). Victorian style rosette. bone nut, saddle and bridge pins. It currently has Grover open back tuners that are very smooth working, but on the face of the headstock I used the Waverly bushings so that one could easily change the tuners. It currently has a new, but cheaper, loose fitting case. This guitar would normally be priced at $4900."

Mostly here, but some on eBay, I have downsized to two guitars, both Flammangs. I sold down a lot of guitars and this is second only to my 13 fret Flammang. His guitars are fantastic.

But I'm retiring and headed out to see the world. So I have a Harvey Leach folding guitar presently being made. I'm going to take a chance on storing my other Flammang long term but I don't need to store two.

As to this guitar, unlike many on this forum, I'm not the most careful. I don't beat up my guitars but I think of them as tools. Try not to bang them around, keep them in their case, humidify them, and play them. Accordingly, this guitar (in addition to the little bruise it came with per above), has some slight scuffing on the back, a little string rash on the upper left bout, etc. I've tried to take pictures of anything cosmetic. I'm also happy to get on the phone and, guitar in hand, tell you everything I see including using an eye loupe if necessary. But it's a player and should really be bought to be used.

Tiny as it is, it's not for performance but for couch.

Anyway, it's up for sale. There, I said it!

Price: $X,XXX shipped. But, if you want to return it (in the same condition you receive it), you pay for the shipping to you and the shipping back. Of course, it can be seen in person in Sparta, NJ.

I took 11 pictures but the upload tool says they're too big. So I took a photo and emailed it to myself (low res). That's the one you're seeing.

Anyway, if you're interested, call me with your email address and I'll send you them. That way you can drill down on them to see detail anyway.

Ken Cardinal
Sparta, NJ
973-713-2004
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5585.jpg (36.6 KB, 865 views)

Last edited by kcardinal; 04-05-2018 at 08:04 AM. Reason: add back & sides wood
Old 01-08-2018, 10:43 AM
Charter Member

Default Dave Flammang

Had the opportunity to visit Dave's shop, pick a few guitars, and have lunch with Dave over the holidays. A great guy and a fantastic guitar builder. He lives about 40 minutes from my house. Gook luck with your sale.
2014 American Standard Telecaster (Maple Board)Mystic Blue
2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster (Rosewood Board)
1994 Fender 40th Anniversary Stratocaster Caribbean Mist
2011 Martin JC-16RE 50TH Anniversary
2004 Martin J-15
2011 Gibson ES-335 Cherry Red
1993 Continental TriCone
Old 01-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Charter Member

I ecently acquired a Flammang L-00. They're everything you say and more. Best with the sale....Robert
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 01-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

David Flammang's guitars are terrific. He's been around for what seems like forever turning out great playing and sounding guitars.... The fit and finish are also top notch as well. I don't believe he does tons of social networking like a lot of the younger newer builders do, thats probably how he gets over looked... flying un the radar... GLWTS
Dan
Old 01-08-2018, 05:42 PM

Default Flammang Guitars

I have 3 sequentially numbered EL's...sweet man...sweet guitars (the ones I would grab if the house was burning down!) ....made 3 previous to this one....good luck with your sale
Old 02-05-2018, 07:13 AM

Default Bump for price reduction

Price reduced
Old 02-28-2018, 11:17 AM

Default Bump for further price reduction - now $XXXX

This new, lower price makes me wish I was in the market for another guitar!

Last edited by kcardinal; 04-05-2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Remove Price
Old 02-28-2018, 08:26 PM

Nice looking guitar. Having been through 75 guitars over the past 15 years, with 2 of the 5 remaining late model guitars I still own being Flammangs. Just outstanding in every way - fit, finish, tone, playability, neck profile. Wish I would have discovered them before I went through all the other ones I did, but I guess then I wouldn't know how special they really are. Good luck with the sale.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:55 PM
Charter Member

I believe that I bought my Martin HJ-38SG guitar from Ken going back a few years on another forum. Good communication, good price, and the instrument was exactly as described and shipped with a great packing job.
Judging by the shape of my guitar when I received it Ken takes very good care of his tools !
Buy with confidence.
GLWTS

Mark
Old 03-02-2018, 07:36 AM

This looks like a little beauty. If I didn't already have so many nice guitars. Having picked up Hoink's Flammang RS 35 a couple of weeks ago (incredible!), and already having a similarly sized and wonderful Santa Cruz PJ, I would be in the car and driving up to take this for a spin. If you haven't watched Tom Feldman play a couple of these on YouTube, give them a look/listen. They make the argument to me that this is not just a couch guitar.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 03-21-2018, 11:40 AM

Wednesday snowstorm bump!
Old 03-26-2018, 10:49 AM

Default Flammang Parlor 12 Fret (P30) - $XXXX

Price Reduction

Last edited by kcardinal; 04-05-2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Remove Price
Old 04-04-2018, 07:18 AM

Default Bump for price reduction

Outstanding little guitar for an outstanding price!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars