The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-12-2018, 06:05 PM

Default NPUPD

Dimarzio Area 61 in the middle of my Yamaha Pacific 012 (strat clone), to complement the Seymour Duncan hotrail in the neck and Bill Lawrence XL500 in the bridge. I have twice as much in parts as the guitar cost, but man is it versatile! Can't wait to hear it through my Bugera Infinium V22. It's surely hotter than the stock pup and makes positions 2, 3 and 4 something I now want to use.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Dimarzio Area 61 in the middle of my Yamaha Pacific 012 (strat clone), to complement the Seymour Duncan hotrail in the neck and Bill Lawrence XL500 in the bridge. I have twice as much in parts as the guitar cost, but man is it versatile! Can't wait to hear it through my Bugera Infinium V22. It's surely hotter than the stock pup and makes positions 2, 3 and 4 something I now want to use.
Nice upgrades to your Pacifica! I've played a couple of those stock and they were nice guitars. I bet that guit is fun to play!
Old 01-12-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeX View Post
Nice upgrades to your Pacifica! I've played a couple of those stock and they were nice guitars. I bet that guit is fun to play!
I've also installed a nickel jackplate, upgraded tuners, Tusq nut, and Tusq saddles. It is setup with 12s with a wound g, so it plays a lot like my acoustics, but the action is super low. The tuning is super steady (unlike most strats) and it plays like a dream. When others play it, they ask me how much it cost and cannot believe it's a 'cheap' guitar.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:37 PM

You probably have one of the sweetest Pacificas out there. Sounds like a great platform to build on.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:25 PM

The 6 series are already hot rodded. Worth every cent of their asking price. Might me by next one (electric) unless I find a set neck Tele with rosewood fretboard and a humbucker.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars