The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 07-09-2015, 04:32 PM

Default Help with Recording

Hi,

This is the scenario . My wife and I like to karaoke . I am thinking that I would need at least something with 3 inputs. ( 1 ) Guitar ( 2 ) mics.

This is the kicker, we like to record are silly songs, so we can watch them sober the next day and have a good laugh.

The setup I have right now is a c920 webcam that I use to record video and audio, the problem is that I get alot of feedback from my loudbox mini ( or from the cheap webcam )

The problem is that i have to mic the voice because the acoustic is so loud or I would just record from the webcam.

I have watched numerous videos but I still cant figure it out. Do I just need a mixer ? Sweetwater suggested the Zoom Q8 , Im not sure that I wanted to spend $400. I just need a way to record the sound without have to use the webcam mic.

I hope that I explained this well enough.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2015, 09:42 PM

For your current projects a USB mixer seems ideal. I found this Behringer at $99: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/Q1202USB.aspx

This would give you a way to connect two mics and a guitar pickup to your computer. I have used a Logitech webcam in the past and it was possible to merge audio from another device with video from the webcam, so presumably that would be the configuration you would use.

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD