The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 02-20-2014, 09:30 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Welcome to the AGF! That's a beautiful guitar. I like the unique florentine cutaway and blank fretboard.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:02 PM

Thank You for changing the settings and now we are all able to see your magnificent work.I love the pitched roof styled heel and cap.Very subtle details.Love all that detailing.Are your bracings standard?.Do you use classic Japanese tools in making your guitars
Old 02-22-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageparlors View Post
Hello Keisuke and welcome to the AGF
It's looks like you've found some new friends here already.
Best wishes.
Hello! Thank you for the comment! people here is really kind. I really enjoy posting comment. Thank you !
Old 02-22-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Rogers View Post
Welcome to the AGF! That's a beautiful guitar. I like the unique florentine cutaway and blank fretboard.

Thank you very much! I really enjoy AGF.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70man View Post
Thank You for changing the settings and now we are all able to see your magnificent work.I love the pitched roof styled heel and cap.Very subtle details.Love all that detailing.Are your bracings standard?.Do you use classic Japanese tools in making your guitars
Hi! Thank you for your kind comment for my guitar!
Bracing on my guitar, I tried lattice,Fan, and other few styles. But now, I'm doing Martin style X-brace with scallop. I liked the results of this style bracing.

I use Japanese hand tools to make my guitar. Chisels,hand planes,knife, hand saw and all that. especially chisels and hand saw, those are the best!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

Applause for Keisuke!
You now how, sometimes, you see something for the first time, and it instantly strikes you as JUST RIGHT...
That is how I see your guitar. It is very elegant, Everything about it looks harmonious, graceful, and well-considered. Nothing needs to be added, nor subtracted from the whole. This is excellent design. And the workmanship looks world-class.
Thank you for showing us your work here on the AGF. Looking forward to seeing more!
-Steve
Old 02-22-2014, 09:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

I particularly like the way you shaped the neck heel, and merged it into the cutaway. Great design! And it must FEEL very good too, when you are playing way up there on the neck.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keisuke Nishi View Post
Hello! That's cool you getting Hiroshi's guitar! Yes I know him! Me and Hiroshiand and other Somogyi clan had good beers at Somogyi's shop after last Healdsbur show!
I took delivery of the guitar. I made a thread about his guitar
Old 02-23-2014, 11:46 PM

Default Hello Keisuke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keisuke Nishi View Post
Hi! Thank you for your kind comment for my guitar!
Bracing on my guitar, I tried lattice,Fan, and other few styles. But now, I'm doing Martin style X-brace with scallop. I liked the results of this style bracing.

I use Japanese hand tools to make my guitar. Chisels,hand planes,knife, hand saw and all that. especially chisels and hand saw, those are the best!

Hi Keisuke!

This comment you made regarding bracing is interesting to me. I'm pretty familiar with Mario's work and as I understand it, him and virtually all of the Somogyi apprentices use some form of lattice style bracing on their instruments underneath the main X-brace (please correct me if i'm wrong on this).

But you seem to be the first that has embraced the traditional martin-style X-bracing with scalloping.

Would you care to offer your thoughts on this in terms of what you are trying to achieve tonally? Thank you so much!!!

mike
Old 02-25-2014, 02:36 AM

test

got it! Thank you!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringjunky View Post
In the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of the page click "Go Advanced" to take you to the advanced reply box. Click the red highlighted icon shown in the following image which says "Insert Image" when you hover your cursor over it:

Copy and paste the web address from the address bar where your opened image is into the box that appears ( see below image) and click OK.

Click "Preview Post" to make sure it's ok then click "Submit Reply" to post.

If you want to upload images directly from your computer you will need an account with an image hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack. You then upload to the image site then copy/paste the web address of the image from somewhere by the image within your chosen image host site....they will have instructions.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Applause for Keisuke!
You now how, sometimes, you see something for the first time, and it instantly strikes you as JUST RIGHT...
That is how I see your guitar. It is very elegant, Everything about it looks harmonious, graceful, and well-considered. Nothing needs to be added, nor subtracted from the whole. This is excellent design. And the workmanship looks world-class.
Thank you for showing us your work here on the AGF. Looking forward to seeing more!
-Steve
Hello Steve! Thank you very much for your kind comment! I will keep showing my guitars!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhan85 View Post
Hi Keisuke!

This comment you made regarding bracing is interesting to me. I'm pretty familiar with Mario's work and as I understand it, him and virtually all of the Somogyi apprentices use some form of lattice style bracing on their instruments underneath the main X-brace (please correct me if i'm wrong on this).

But you seem to be the first that has embraced the traditional martin-style X-bracing with scalloping.

Would you care to offer your thoughts on this in terms of what you are trying to achieve tonally? Thank you so much!!!

mike

Hello Mike! Thank you for the comment.
Indeed most of ex-Somogyi apprentice use lattice bracing as you said, I think.

But since I learned from Mario, and he has his own style of sound making.
which he developed that style from experience at Somogyi's shop.

So, I inherited his MIND. Developing own style from my own experience.
Of course I tried Somogyi style for few times. ( not exactly same as Mario's though)
But results, sound of guitar, I really liked the Martin style bracing pattern.
I said Martin style, but it's not exactly same as Martin. If you look inside of my guitar, it does looks like martin, but there are few things you can't see but makes big difference.

sound of my guitar, according to my customer, saids my guitar sounds like 90's Somogyi. which what I'm shooting for.

I think the patterns of bracing doesn't effect sound that much.
well, it does. but, It's more about balance of stiffness. More about how to make bridge vibrate freely. vibrates top freely, make vibration of air inside of guitar. which vibrates back and so on,,,, you know.

Other side of using scallop brace, I don't have to make top so thin. So it's less chance to have trouble with crack on top and all that staff.

I wish you will have chance to play my guitar someday.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:39 AM

What do you mean by you are targeting the sound of a 90's Somogyi? Are they a lot different from the more recent ones? Incidentally the best Somogyi I have played is an SJ from 97' and next would be the 01' OM I own. I have tried more than 10 Somogyis... Just curious as to how different are Somogyis from the 90s.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsgeek View Post
I have tried more than 10 Somogyis... Just curious as to how different are Somogyis from the 90s.
For me, the biggest difference is that they sold for a fraction of the price they do today

Cheers,
Steve
Old 02-25-2014, 07:15 PM

Hello!
I had chance to play few Somogyi at once. To, me, 90's Somogyi is powerful and loud sound. recent Somogyi is more delicate and kind of fragile to me.
All the Somogyi was great sound to me though.
I haven't tried like you did, so I might be wrong.
Thank you for let me know your opinions! It's very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsgeek View Post
What do you mean by you are targeting the sound of a 90's Somogyi? Are they a lot different from the more recent ones? Incidentally the best Somogyi I have played is an SJ from 97' and next would be the 01' OM I own. I have tried more than 10 Somogyis... Just curious as to how different are Somogyis from the 90s.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop