The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-03-2012, 09:35 PM

Default Vocal EQ Pedal?

Hello!

I just got a new battery powered mixing board for my busking setup and have been having a slight issue with it. I play guitar and beatbox and I try to EQ my vocal percussion to resemble an actual drum kit. I can do this quite easily with the EQ in Logic when I record but playing live, the my mixer's EQ just doesn't grab the right frequencies.

My first thought was to maybe run the mic (Shure SM58 beta) through a Guitar EQ pedal before going to the board but I'm thinking there may be some serious impedance issues that would make it sound funny. I tried the mic through my LR Baggs Para DI and it worked quite well and gave me some more EQ options, but I already use the Para DI with my guitar. The MXR 10 band EQ has an input impedance of 0.47 Mega Ohms, could this work with my mic?

Tried a google search for 'Vocal EQ Pedal' and found the TC Helicon makes a number of stompbox style pedal with XLR inputs designed to be used with a vocalist but none really offer a whole lot of EQ.

So I'm wondering if anyone has used a guitar pedal for their vocals or knows of any vocal stompbox style pedals with a good 10 band or so EQ?

Any input is appreciated!

Cheers,
Curtis.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 08-04-2012, 08:56 AM

Figured it out! I believe all I need is one of these guys...

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...ransformer.htm

Passively changes the signal to Hi impedance to for use with guitar pedals. Sweet.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Last edited by wood nacho; 08-04-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood nacho View Post
Figured it out! I believe all I need is one of these guys...

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...ransformer.htm

Passively changes the signal to Hi impedance to for use with guitar pedals. Sweet.
Hi how has this worked out for your setup.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification