The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-29-2015, 04:55 PM

Default TC Hellicon pedals

I take my hat off to the TC Hellicon. Pedals.
I love the TC Hellicon R1 which I use have. I just purchased l the TC Hellicon MicMecanic.
recently I was raving about the Boss VE 20 which is also very flexible.

I find the Mic Mechanic more straight forward and easy to use. I love the tone button which
gives you EQ, De Essing, and Gating. Plus Compression. This feature really smooths out the vocals and adds great clarity.

the verbs are nice too. I don't bother with the pitch correction, it can sound a bit unnatural.

I must admit I was well impressed with the sound quality of this pedal, sounds really nice just with AER compact 60/3
Dave

Last edited by Mr Blues; 04-29-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:29 AM

For solo artists the TC Helicon Mechanic is great for effects control. I have the MP 75 mic also. I own TC Electronic pedals too. Good sounding effects.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:49 AM

Hopefully they keep producing great gear.......
http://www.tcgroup.tc/news/tc-group-...new-ownership/
Old 04-30-2015, 06:55 AM

Smile

Hi Rockaduck
What's the TC mic like. I like the fact you can control the pedal from a switch in the mic.
Dave
Old 04-30-2015, 07:02 AM

Is that a good thing that they are now owned by new management. Sometime its make or break. Will they still use good components in making there goods. We will wait and see.
Dave
Old 04-30-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blues View Post
Hi Rockaduck
What's the TC mic like. I like the fact you can control the pedal from a switch in the mic.
Dave
The MP 75 is a hotter mic than the Shure Beta 58 and has a little more low end and high end crispness. It does have a close proximity effect. You have to sing directly in front of the mic. It will not pick up noise from drums or instruments. Its great for noisy places. You are right about the button/switch. You can have 50's slapback on. Turn off to talk and turn back on to sing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification