The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 AM

Default Ibanez fans here ?

I tend to pick up every acoustic guitar in any music store and pawn shop I visit. I like different woods, different body styles (OM and up,) ornamentation, finish......... the list goes on and on. For some reason, when it comes to electrics, Ibanez guitars seem to draw me like steel to a magnet though.
I can walk into a music store and pick up the most expensive Les Paul (just for example) but my eyes tend to veer over to the Ibanez section. It is not even a particular style of Ibanez as they do strat styles, Les Paul styles, F-hole jazz styles....... and of course super strats etc. all very well.
I am curious if anyone here has a real love for Ibanez guitars here. I realize this being an acoustic forum, we have many "traditionalists" that would prefer Gretch, Gibson, Fender, etc. but I am interested if there are other Ibanez fans in here.

Bryant
1991 Takamine EF350MC
Fender T-Bucket 400CE
$19 Silvertone Bobby Labonte SNBLA
Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 AM

Yep! The Artcore series is the best kept secret in the semi-hollow/hollow world...
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
Yep! The Artcore series is the best kept secret in the semi-hollow/hollow world...
+1 i had an AG75 artcore a few years ago.

I still have my trusty Artwood AW15 with me.

I love Ibanez guitars and they are great value for the money.

Taylor 114ce
Epiphone AJ220SCE
Epiphone IB64 Texan FT-79
Ibanez Artwood AW15
Ibanez AEG10NII
Ovation CC44-4q

Takamine EG440C STRQ (gone)
Ibanez Artcore AG75 (gone)
Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 AM

I also like a lot of rock, metal, and shred, so i like Ibanez electrics, especially their shred guitars, and own an SA model. I find the playability super comfortable and easy to maneuveur around, and the looks/asthetics are super slick and modern looking.
http://stevehung.bandcamp.com
Old 05-29-2012, 02:56 PM

Ibanez guits are solid performers, IMHO ...always have been. They get poo-pooed by folks on occasion, and often get type-cast as the "shredders guitar," but anyone who knows what constitutes quality guits respect them, if not all-out love them. I have my LPs and Strats as my "core solid guits," but the Ibanez Artcores are serious bang-for-buck guitars in the hollow/semis world. I still am blown away that my "cheapie" AG75 plays and sounds (with a pup swap) so good.

Edward

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars