The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 AM

Default Looking for Feedback on Dean Boca 12-String

All,

I recently played a friend's Dean Boca 12-String and immediately loved it. The headstock is a little heavy, but the tones I heard were great. And for the low price my friend paid for the guitar, it makes it hard to resist. I only had a chance to play the guitar briefly, so before I take the plunge and get one for myself, I was wondering if anyone else has one and would like to share their thoughts on the guitar. Also, since the headstock is a little heavy, what mods -- if any -- have you all done to alleviate that issue? Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:10 AM
Charter Member

I can't give you any feedback on the Dean Boca 12 string (sorry) but I wanted to chime in and suggest you also check out the Danelectro 12 string,
a real good sounding 12, and @$299 a good value as well.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar
Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 AM

Default Re:

Wow!!! I had no idea that Danelectro even made a 12 string! I've always wanted a Danelectro 6 string electric guitar like the one Jimmy Page played during his Led Zeppelin days, so this is very tempting. Do you have one of these? If so, what can you tell me about it? $299.00 definitely seems like a great deal on the guitar. G.A.S. strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
I can't give you any feedback on the Dean Boca 12 string (sorry) but I wanted to chime in and suggest you also check out the Danelectro 12 string,
a real good sounding 12, and @$299 a good value as well.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar
Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjames1973 View Post
Wow!!! I had no idea that Danelectro even made a 12 string! I've always wanted a Danelectro 6 string electric guitar like the one Jimmy Page played during his Led Zeppelin days, so this is very tempting. Do you have one of these? If so, what can you tell me about it? $299.00 definitely seems like a great deal on the guitar. G.A.S. strikes again!
I do and it's a good-playing, cool-sounding 12 string. It may or may not need an initial set-up, mine didn't. Check out some youtube videos and you'll be able to hear for yourself. A great value!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars