The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD: My first DUAL Humbucker!!!

My first Dual humbucker folks! I lost sleep thinking of if I should get the DGT or Les Paul Historic R8. In the end I liked the weight, flame, color, and versatility of DGT much more.

First picture is from the original owner. I took some pix today upon deliver to show the accurate color. Although this color too isn't exact, it's closer than the original pix I posted. For some reason Abalone finish color is hard to capture.

Original Picture:

New pictures I took today:

As far as tone... Let's just say I'm still getting use to it as its my first dual humbucker. Kind of different than my Strat if you know what I mean. I know it's premature but I might not need my Telecaster(sorry Tele lovers) anymore as it's meaner, nastier, and thicker than tele. I don't know about you guys but I keep tele in my stable as its bit dirtier and meaner with attitude in comparison to my Stratocaster. This DGT seems to cover that pretty well.

My strat in other hand is sooo pretty sounding. It's smooth and it chimes "hello". I only played the DGT for an hour today but don't know if it can cover Strat territory just yet.

OF COURSE, I did not get the DGT to replace or thought it will cover my strat and tele. I'm just referencing those guitars as those are the only guitar I have right now.

Btw, here is a picture of my Strat I can share.

Original look with chrome bucker:

Current look with new bucker:

As far as Craftsmanship of DGT?
WOW! Just wow!!! It rivals small shop boutiques. Extremely impressed.

Thank you all! Just wanted to share my excitements!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:53 AM

The Grissom is my favorite PRS model.

Great choice!!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 AM

Nice top! I have several PRSi, but no DGT (yet)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars