The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-17-2017, 08:56 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Once upon a time a QB name Don Majkowski got hurt and a kid name Brett Favre stepped up. Let's see what happens.....

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 10-17-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Once upon a time a QB name Don Majkowski got hurt and a kid name Brett Favre stepped up. Let's see what happens.....
That is true, but no one though the Majik Man was one of best QB's of all time either.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 10-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo View Post
As a sophomore, Aaron Rogers started that infamous (from my perspective, obviously) September, 27, 2003 game in which Cal handed my beloved USC its sole loss of the season--a Men Of Troy team that eventually attained the National Championship under head coach Pete Carroll (split decision: USC took the AP title, while LSU topped the ESPN/USA Today Coaches' Poll)--but had to leave due to an injury. The "immortal" Reggie Robertson replaced Rogers at quarterback and lead the Golden Bears to victory in triple overtime; that's the last time Cal has beaten USC in football, by the way.

I was ecstatic that Cal whupped up on Washington State last Friday (the WSU Cougars had of course handed USC a loss in Pullman earlier this season), by the way. What a tremendous performance by the Golden Bears in that one. A major highlight of the football season, thus far.
Cal has always been quirky that way. They have a few bad or mediocre games and then can play spoil sport to a much better team.

I hope Aaron heals and is back to rally the Pack.

Best,
Jayne
Old 10-18-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Agreed, but the magic man had a few good games and what he did a couple of times, Aaron does all of the time haha...And I hate to be cruel, but this new Brett is nothing like the previous Brett.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:37 PM

Aaron will have some time to play guitar, it seems. I wonder which brand he'll opt for.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Aaron will have some time to play guitar, it seems. I wonder which brand he'll opt for.
With a broken collar bone? That's going to hurt.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 10-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Agreed, but the magic man had a few good games and what he did a couple of times, Aaron does all of the time haha...And I hate to be cruel, but this new Brett is nothing like the previous Brett.
I don't understand what Aaron's skills have to do with the backup stepping up and doing a good job or a bad one. You have to wait and see what happens.

Brett Favre was an acquisition from the Falcons. Nobody knew what he was going to do either.

My SoundCloud page

Aria {Johann Logy}:

Last edited by TBman; 10-18-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I don't understand what Aaron's skills have to do with the backup stepping up and doing a good job or a bad one. You have to wait and see what happens.

Brett Favre was an acquisition from the Falcons. Nobody knew what he was going to do either.

I did not mean to imply that Aaron's skills had anything to do with Hundleys. I referenced his skills when compared to the magic man, the thoughts were separated by three dots and then an And which lead into the next thought.

I am as big of Packers nut as exists and I have watch Hundley through 3 preseasons and have seen nothing to show that he is anything more than a below average backup. That of course does not mean he can not come in and do some good things, but when you compared him to what Favre did in his chance, I find that not too probable and Favre did have a very good rep when the Pack got him from Atlanta, but of course, no one knew how good he would be.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:58 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I did not mean to imply that Aaron's skills had anything to do with Hundleys. I referenced his skills when compared to the magic man, the thoughts were separated by three dots and then an And which lead into the next thought.

I am as big of Packers nut as exists and I have watch Hundley through 3 preseasons and have seen nothing to show that he is anything more than a below average backup. That of course does not mean he can not come in and do some good things, but when you compared him to what Favre did in his chance, I find that not too probable and Favre did have a very good rep when the Pack got him from Atlanta, but of course, no one knew how good he would be.
Yep, we're not going do too much I'm afraid unless the kid can show some skills. I went 30 years between Superbowls once with the Pack, I guess another year won't hurt.... much, lol.

My SoundCloud page

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 10-21-2017, 08:22 PM

Default Aaron has a good sense of humor too...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ers-photobombs

-a couple of Taylors
-Silver Creek T-170 (passed on to my daughter)
Old 10-22-2017, 01:56 PM

Anybody want to tell me how much potential he has or how much confidence McCarthy has in him???? We would have done just as well with Montgomery taking direct snaps and either running it himself or handing off to Jones. I can't believe anyone can throw the ball that badly and have gone to a D1 school and be drafted. Remember this is his 3rd year of practicing with the Packers, it not like he was just signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Third and 6th, 4th quarter, need a score and instead of throwing a short pass as in the only ones he completed all game he tries to throw it 30 yards down field, overthrows everyone by 8 yards for the interception. Great.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic