The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-25-2017, 09:12 PM
Charter Member

Nice review! And, that particular X7 may be the most striking I've seen... of course, Emerald tends to up the ante regularly. But, that woody is going to be hard to top! Congrats!

The X7 is such a delight to play: great size, very comfortable, and sounds much bigger and balanced than you'd think. I have the B-Band in mine, and it may be my favorite plugged in tone. I do have the LR Baggs Element VTC pickup in my X20 and found it was a bit bass heavy at the same settings as my other guitars... easy enough to EQ to taste, though. Glad you found an amp/EQ that works for you with that beauty.

The X7 should keep you happily playing until your X20 woody arrives - can't wait to see some photos of the two of them together! And, of course, read your impression of the X20. Those two guitars (X7 and X20) are a fun compliment. Which to play today... decisions, decisions.

Enjoy!
Old 09-26-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
The X7 should keep you happily playing until your X20 woody arrives - can't wait to see some photos of the two of them together! !
Congrats on that little bugger methos! i am too waiting for a family pic and I think it's gonna be amazing!
Old 09-26-2017, 04:40 PM

Yea!!!! Happy for you, mine took a little turn in production or I think I would be getting mine pretty soon as well. That is a beauty for sure, great choice on the wood!!!!
Old 09-26-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
The Journey OF660 is a GREAT guitar for sure. I have now loaned it out to a buddy who travels often by air for work and he has been begging me to sell him the guitar. I rarely travel by air and on the rare occasions I do (for work) I never take a guitar. So there is really no need for the admittedly awesome break-down mechanism and backpack case that is the OF660.

That said, had I not made this spur-of-the-moment purchase of the X7 I would not be selling Journey. But since I have a dedicated buyer I will let it go. Let me say to anyone out there that is wondering, that the OF660 is a great guitar that sounds great. I would say that the X7 sounds better acoustically but the OF660 amplifies better although this might be at least in part because it has a K&K-like pickup system that I prefer and am used to amplifying, if that makes sense.

And of course the X7 looks a lot sexier!
Sounds like your OF660 will have a good home, Methos. And you don't have to tell me about spur-of-the-moment purchases.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Sounds like your OF660 will have a good home, Methos. And you don't have to tell me about spur-of-the-moment purchases.
I can only image how hard it is for you, Ted. Talk about non-stop temptation!
Old 09-27-2017, 10:41 AM

That is one unthinkably gorgeous X7! Oh my!
Old 09-27-2017, 11:46 AM

Congrats Methos! I'm sure you're happy as a clam right now.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:50 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Very Very nice. Looks like you got one of the best veneers in that series. I love how they used the veneer on the headstock too. Congrats!

JR

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber