The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-20-2018, 08:20 PM

Default Clermont Fl Hit hard on Car Breakins last night

Many car break ins last night in my neighborhood of 50 houses. At least a dozen , neighbor lost wallet , several others at least 12 . many not reported for waste of paperwork and time as they run on the the next ones . Many other neighborhoods got hit . say they station a look out likely radio equipped, and let 2-3 guys out staggered taking both sides of street at the same time , I park both in garage and have Fake camera and security infrared lights up . Would like to set up an inexpensive trail Battery Night Vision Still photo camera in brush around driveway . WIFI I know all the Stuff is much better but old school , would just like to see a few Stills . Any ideas ? Must be pros using slim jims as several swore they had doors locked ??
Old 01-21-2018, 01:36 AM

Found one StealthCam G30 , very reasonable and great on YouTube. Likely wont have another incident for 20 more years now . But Im not so sure . Will be very interesting tho to see what's creeping around in the night beside dog Walkers. Have to remove in the day as cant tell day from night and will photo anything that moves. that could be good or bad ?
Old 01-21-2018, 03:17 AM

Check out Ring.com products. We use their video doorbells and they’re great.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:43 AM
Guitar Gourmet

My car, parked in two different neighborhoods, was hit twice, a year apart back in the 90s. It was a VW Golf. The thugs used an interesting tactic: they took a box cutter to the gasket of the hatchback, removed the glass and entered, and then replace the glass and used the wiper to hold it on. These guys knew their stuff. In order to prevent noise they didn't close the doors. They took only the radio, first a JVC and then a Kenwood, but in the second break-in they destroyed the dash removing the radio. The policemen said they'd hit a whole neighborhood they were probably teens pawning the radios for drug money. I've never had anything other than an OEM radio since.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 01-21-2018, 03:33 PM

Cut the Window Seal , that takes the cake . Had small cavilier window popped out on vacation in key west for a cheepy plastic polaroid I left on the back seat , and wrecked the trunk lock but couldnt get in--- MY ALARM WAS GOING OFF , back when people actually paid attention

1970 Patrick , Took turns riding to base, His turn - COP Comes to door and I get call from wife to come home To see window in my Yellow SUPER Beetle smashed out . But they Got the guy and I had to go to court. turned out to be Cocoa Beach HS Quarterback ! Had a whole trunkload of 8 Tracks , Wonder if he lost his letter ?

Today as we all know is a very different story .......

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic