The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-01-2016, 04:08 PM

Just got back from a camping trip in our rv and it rained all 8 days off and on. Hot cold, rain, lightning, thunderstorms, hail, you name it, still had a great time,,,BUT the Humi Pak in my guitar case sucked up a bunch of moisture and I only got to play it about an hour a day and then back in the case. I am really looking at getting a Rainsong shorty if I can find a deal on one. Tired of worrying about my Martin.......
Old 05-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

My Shorty has done thousands of miles now, by boat and RV... hot, cold, dry, humid - the guitar is quite happy with all of it. And, no humid-packs.

Oh, and it sounds good doing it, too.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Just got back from a camping trip in our rv and it rained all 8 days off and on. Hot cold, rain, lightning, thunderstorms, hail, you name it, still had a great time,,,BUT the Humi Pak in my guitar case sucked up a bunch of moisture and I only got to play it about an hour a day and then back in the case. I am really looking at getting a Rainsong shorty if I can find a deal on one. Tired of worrying about my Martin.......
Jerry, Rainsong just released a new satin version of their Shorty which is their lowest price yet. In addition, we are about to advertise a Rainsong blowout with prices so low you wont need to look at used guitars. Give me a call when ready.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Charter Member

Love my APLE Shorty as well. Just a great guitar. And the scale length and string spacing are eerily similar to my Santa Cruz OO. Makes for a comfortable, seamless transition between the two. The 000-28EC is getting no love these days!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber