The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-31-2017, 08:15 AM

Default Shout Out to Cordoba!

My 2 1/2 year old GK Pro was starting to have some minor slop / backlash in the tuners for the 1st and 2nd strings. It's been played nearly every single day since I bought it... Strings replaced every 5-6 weeks.

I remembered that I had gotten the limited life time warranty when I bought it. So I contacted Cordoba about my issue.

I also explained to them that the only Cordoba dealer in my area was Guitar Center & there was no way that I was going to put my guitar in the hands of their techs.

We exchanged a few e-mails about the issue & they had me try some of their suggestions to resolve it. Essentially, tightening up screws, lubricating gears, none of which had worked for me prior to contacting them.

Last night, they notified me that a full set of replacement tuner mechanism's (Treble and Bass) are in the mail to me FREE OF CHARGE. No requirement to take it to an "authorized dealer" for the installation or risk invalidating the warranty. I can take my guitar to my preferred luthier for the work & still maintain the Limited Lifetime warranty.

NICE!!
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 01-31-2017, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Good to hear. I have never had to use their warranty, but it's great to hear that they back their stuff.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:48 AM

I really wasn't sure what would be the result of my contacting Cordoba. But figured that all they could say was that it wasn't covered by the warranty.

They impressed me with the ease of communication and customer service.

FYI- I'm still considering upgrading my tuners to the type that you recently purchased. I just haven't been able to make up my mind on which style and coloring.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
Good to hear. I have never had to use their warranty, but it's great to hear that they back their stuff.
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 01-31-2017, 10:03 AM

I have also had a great experience with Cordoba customer service.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:34 AM
Guest 2143

I wrote to them to ask about the production date of my guitar and they replied. Sounds like consistently good customer service to me.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstott View Post
I really wasn't sure what would be the result of my contacting Cordoba. But figured that all they could say was that it wasn't covered by the warranty.

They impressed me with the ease of communication and customer service.

FYI- I'm still considering upgrading my tuners to the type that you recently purchased. I just haven't been able to make up my mind on which style and coloring.. LOL
Ha ha... I love mine. Might try something different next though. My new GK Pro negra is supposed to arrive in two days, so I'll likely be ordering another set of Schallers. I will probably take the Schallers off of my C12 to put on the GK Pro (since I have Schallers on my other GK Pro, as well as my F10). And then I'll get a new set of Schallers for the C12. I'm contemplating springing for a set of stippled Irving Sloane tuners for the C12, since I've always wanted to try the Sloanes (and the stippled ones in particular). But I'll likely choose the less expensive option and get another set of Schallers. I sure have no complaints about my three sets so far.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical