The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-26-2006, 09:41 AM

Default The Best Luthiers DVD Series

Being the Apple guy that I am... I came across this nice little link in the 'pro' section of the site:

www.apple.com/pro/video/obenaus

Of course, they are promoting their products that are extensively used in the production of 'The Best Luthiers' DVD series... which if your so inclined is a very interesting read. But the point of this post is to first check this out... then DO go to this site:

www.gourmet-guitars.com

These folks are putting together a fantastic DVD series that feature some amazing luthiers (Rick Turner among them) and players and music! There are quite a few QuickTime video clips (of some length), that are quite interesting to watch. Gives you a real feel for what the series is like. There's a lot of good stuff... so poke around the site and take a look and give a listen. Who knows... maybe sometime we'll see featured one or two of you who are building guitars and letting the rest of us share in the experience!

You will need QT7... and all that great music is best (of course) through at least some decent external speakers.

DJanzen
'06 52RI Tele
Old 01-29-2017, 05:52 AM

Looks like the gourmet website has been down for a few years. I'd love to get possibly the whole dvd collection. Hopefully someone will post a reply here if they ever find them available online.

I've seen the 10-minute clips on youtube, but would rather have the real deal.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell