The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-24-2017, 06:08 PM

Default HELP! La Patrie Honeyburst Dreadnought Guitar

Hi everyone! First time here. Hope you're all well!

I need some help....I recently stumbled upon a pretty cool guitar, but I can't find much info on it anywhere on the web. I paid $100 for this La Patrie Honeyburst (Serial Number: 1837). I know the La Patrie name and know they make lovely, well made nylon classical guitars, but when I saw this I was intrigued. I impulsively bought it because I'd never seen anything like it from them.

As far as I can find online, La Patrie has never publicized this guitar in anyway and it seems to be a rare bird. If anyone can shed some light on this guitars story, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

Here's some photos of it. I'll snap a few more shots after I restring, clean it and set it up!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzm...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzm...ew?usp=sharing
Old 02-24-2017, 07:18 PM
Charter Member

I have the exact same guitar, which my brother bought some time around 1992 or so. It's a laminate guitar. The top sandwiched heel has separated on mine and has had to be glued twice. The scarf joint at the headstock has had to be re-glued once. Now the top is coming off the rim for about 6 inches.

I wouldn't say it's the best guitar in the world, but I've had it for over 25 years. It works well for camping, but the tone is meh and the quality clearly isn't that great.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
I have the exact same guitar, which my brother bought some time around 1992 or so. It's a laminate guitar. The top sandwiched heel has separated on mine and has had to be glued twice. The scarf joint at the headstock has had to be re-glued once. Now the top is coming off the rim for about 6 inches.

I wouldn't say it's the best guitar in the world, but I've had it for over 25 years. It works well for camping, but the tone is meh and the quality clearly isn't that great.
Do you know anything else about it? Very little info on these models out there....worth anything? Or just a nice looking enjoyable one off Canadian made dreadnought?
Old 02-24-2017, 08:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakecbaum View Post
Do you know anything else about it? Very little info on these models out there....worth anything? Or just a nice looking enjoyable one off Canadian made dreadnought?
Oh, I don't think they are worth anything. You probably paid the right amount. That guitar was about $300 when I bought it new in 1992. Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think it's anything particularly special. If yours is still in good shape, that's great. Mine has required a lot of repair and the sound isn't that great. But it works well for camp . . .

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=139578

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
godin, honeyburst, la patrie, seagull