The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-24-2014, 06:34 AM

I have a Masterbilt EF 500rrce and love it. My guitar teacher was blown away by the tone.

Bigoedo
Old 08-25-2014, 11:38 PM

Ok so a user on this forum gave me a heads up about a used dr500mce at my local guitar center, so i checked it out, seemed legit, bought it, but when I got home and really got some time with it I realized 2 things. the neck has a VERY slight warp, and theres some buzzing due to the saddle being shaved down way too much.

After thinking it over all night I've decided I'm going to return it and just have them order me a new one in the color that I want. It's only gonna cost me an extra $150 since the labor day sale will shave off almost $100 on a new one. Might as well right?

I honestly want a new one anyway. although this new one sounds pretty amazing aside from the buzzing. the neck issue scares me though sooooo back to the store tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:26 AM

Sounds like you have a good plan....
Martin SWDGT
Martin SWJGT
Martin MMV Dread
Martin 000-21
Old 12-06-2015, 03:02 PM

I bought a DR500MCE because of advice from some good people on this forum.

I tried every model from 500 to 800 $$$....I also wanted a guitar that is very playable and has a neck similar to an an electric.

I really love this guitar and glad I got it.

Did have to return it to the Luthier who had to fix a few frets cause the guitar was settling in or whatever new wood does.

Now its fine and I really like how this guitar feels and sounds.

it plays like a dream and has excellent tone. I like the neck as much as some of my favorite electric guitars. Much easier to play than a Taylor IMO.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove, masterbilt, suggestions