The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-07-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarza120 View Post
Lol I already have a MR C1, very lively guitar with great response to a lighter touch, also a full and rich bass. I love its solid red cedar top and rosewood laminated back and sides. Smart and huge improvement over my Yamaha CX40. Bought it like 3-4 months ago... So my recently acquired GAS demmanded more variety, I've been working all summer for this.
get something with solid spruce at the same price
Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknow View Post
Yamaha ARE LS 6 $599
Yamaha ARE LS 16 $699

The LS 16 has all solid woods. I haven't seen any guitars that play and sound as well as these two, even without upgrades.
Good Luck!
Thank you so much! This are really my first option, but from what I've read there are not so many out there. I'm truly excited for this hunt, since I have to travel and all it makes it more special and unique.

Somebody knows another places apart from GC McAllen nearby??
Old 08-03-2014, 05:40 PM

My vote goes to the Guild M120, all solid wood...a really nice balanced sound. We purchased one recently.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:58 PM

After searching for a while for the $1,200 and under range, I came away with a Yamaha AC3R. I think these "A" series guitars from Yamaha are the best deals going for all-solid guitars under $1,000.

I went with the AC3R for a few reasons... One, I really liked the concert size body. Two, I liked that it had all solid wood construction. Three, The onboard SRT preamp electronics is outstanding (I mean it, it sounds awesome plugged in). Four, The neck was very comfortable in shape and finish (rounded edges at the frets, not to thick or thin profile and a non-sticky finish). Five, Sounds great unplugged.. not as loud as some of the bigger guitars, but sounds great all-the-same. Six, looks great and the fit & finish is top notch.

I picked the Yamaha over many other guitars and brands after playing many guitars at the stores. My opinion is Yamaha have winners with these "A" series guitars. The "LS ARE" series are also nice, but I liked the AC3R better myself.

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish."
Quintilian
Old 08-03-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasper View Post
After searching for a while for the $1,200 and under range, I came away with a Yamaha AC3R. I think these "A" series guitars from Yamaha are the best deals going for all-solid guitars under $1,000.

I went with the AC3R for a few reasons... One, I really liked the concert size body. Two, I liked that it had all solid wood construction. Three, The onboard SRT preamp electronics is outstanding (I mean it, it sounds awesome plugged in). Four, The neck was very comfortable in shape and finish (rounded edges at the frets, not to thick or thin profile and a non-sticky finish). Five, Sounds great unplugged.. not as loud as some of the bigger guitars, but sounds great all-the-same. Six, looks great and the fit & finish is top notch.

I picked the Yamaha over many other guitars and brands after playing many guitars at the stores. My opinion is Yamaha have winners with these "A" series guitars. The "LS ARE" series are also nice, but I liked the AC3R better myself.
I've seen many reviews about the A series and most of the opinions are that they're better than the L series plugged in, but unplugged the L series sound richer. I'm surprised about your opinion. How are the A series necks? I want something like the Taylor's necks. I'll go and try everything but until now my first options are Yamaha L series (Ls16 either R por M), A series, Martin 000RSGT, Taylor 214ce and open to play some RK's, Blueridge, Larrivee and Eastman. I'm not a single brand guy so I'll play everything!! Very interesting review on the AC3R though.
  • Ibanez AC240
Old 08-03-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarza120 View Post
I've seen many reviews about the A series and most of the opinions are that they're better than the L series plugged in, but unplugged the L series sound richer. I'm surprised about your opinion. How are the A series necks? I want something like the Taylor's necks. I'll go and try everything but until now my first options are Yamaha L series (Ls16 either R por M), A series, Martin 000RSGT, Taylor 214ce and open to play some RK's, Blueridge, Larrivee and Eastman. I'm not a single brand guy so I'll play everything!! Very interesting review on the AC3R though.
For sure play the AC3R if you can you'll fine it amazing unplugged as well. I think the focus on the plugged in review was the result of the staggering abilities of the on board preamp. I didn't play the AC3R plugged in but I was very impressed with it. I heard it played plugged in as well (didn't play that way myself) and it was pretty cool.

My site: Personal Blog

Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E.
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Old 08-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Taylor acoustic series...used of course. There's a DN4 in the forum classifieds, IMO best bang for the buck and well under $1000.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
fingerstyle, guitar, seagull, shops, yamaha