The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-28-2018, 01:06 AM

Thumbs up Mackie FreePLay As A Acoustic Guitar AMP

No foolin around this is one bad boy FRFR amp . I had a vocal running through too and a harp and this amp produced state of the art results .

Along side was a Polytone 95 watt SS Mini Brute to carry the PBass . A Fender Mustang 40 watt SS guitar amp was next to it for the electric guitar .

I had to throttle back the Mackie is got that loud with it's 150 watt RMS Stereo amp ( 75 watts X 2 ) @ THD 0.05 .

The Polytone had two cabs with a 10" and an 8" drivers in each cab the Mustang had twin 6.5" drivers .

FreePlay had one 8" driver summed to mono getting 75 watts . The super Tweeters each share the other 75 watts split into 2 banks of 35 watts each .

I'll take this to side gigs for acoustic guitar playing anytime any where because it also sports a 10 hour battery life in the rechargeable Lithium battery it has .

Smartphone controllable too .

I'm quite pleased with this unit . It has multiple applications , it shine on as a personal monitor , and a busking P.A. or coffee house gig .
I also use it as a computer monitor it's really that good .

I can't complain one iota . Just my acoustic 6 string steel dread exploded heavenly through this amp . I had to crank it down it was that much
louder than the Fender Mustang and I like that little amp's sound too .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Last edited by Hurricane Ramon; 06-16-2018 at 08:20 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification