The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-04-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonius View Post
Hi there. If you modify your topic to include the words "Tonewood Amp" and you should get more replies. There are people here who have them, but they may not click on this thread, as the title is a bit ambiguous.

Another thread for it on AGF also had an ambiguous start, but it's clear why once you read the first post. http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...t=tonewood+amp

Andy McKee sticks these on his $20,000+ Greenfield guitars. I seriously doubt that they damage the guitar when installed correctly. Here he is on the North American Guitar, who always records flat with no effects. The ToneWood Amp effects are noticeable. They call it a WoodTone Amp, but correct it in the comments below.

You can also use an idevice to make the ToneWood Amp a conduit for MIDI instrument apps.

I am looking to order one as well. It's just too cool! The biggest problem with acoustics and effects is that it rarely sounds like your guitar once you run it through an amplifier. Since these effects go through YOUR GUITAR, it really should sound like it. The natural warmth and tone of your instrument should be there. As a Canadian I would have to pay a lot more for it. Currency conversion, duty, taxes... but there just isn't anything else like it. Yamaha has an integrated system on 2 guitars. We may see much more of this in the future. Here's Yamaha's version built right into the guitar. You can't add to though. With the ToneWood Amp you get more effects and access to apps;

Click this to go to the full Yamaha page http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music...es/ta-guitars/
Thank you for all that. I wasn't trying to be vague just that it was really cool! I really think I will invest in one of these. I wonder if a new version is on the horizon. Seems like a common complaint is its a little on the heavy side. That doesn't bother me because I will be using it on a 000 size. With a stratabond neck so it might balance my guitar out lol.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:58 AM

There are many threads herein about the Tonewood product. A simple search will give you a lot to read. I was reading one the other day.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification