The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-16-2017, 07:33 AM

Default Question about Tascam DR-05

Hi Guys and Gals,

So, I've had this Tascam DR-05 for a while now and only used it to record myself playing acoustically sitting on a desk near my guitar while playing.

I recently picked up a pair of AKG 240 headphones to use with my Fender Mustang II while playing my PRS SE electric. I find that I'm picking up a lot of nuances through the headphones that I don't hear playing directly through the amp (ie, it sounds better).

Now, if I hook the DR-05 between the amp and headphones, should that work to record what I'm hearing through the headphones? In other words, I see that the DR-05 has a mic/external input port at the top and headphone out port on the bottom. So, if I hook the amp directly into the mic/external port and connect the headphones to the out port, then it should record that way... right?

I never used my Tascam in that way and want to make sure it would work before buying a male/male 3.5mm cable.

Thoughts?
Thanks.

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish."
Quintilian

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD