The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-31-2017, 07:08 AM

Default Fishman F1+ Aura Advice needed

Hi all- I recently bought a Martin 00018e Retro. I adore this guitar, beautiful to play, beautiful to look at and beautiful to hear no matter what I play on it. But...

I cannot get a decent sound out of the bloody F1+ system. I play at weddings so pre gig setup time is normally at a minimum, I have dialled in some tones at home and as soon as I get to a bigger room at a gig (playing through a SA220) it sounds like a £20 piezo.

In my other guitars I use a Matrix infinity through a Fishman Platinum and my sound then is fantastic. At the moment I am considering selling the 00018 to replace with an acoustic one and fitting my own pickup.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Any settings you have used that worked for you?

Thanks in advance folks

R

http://www.indigoacoustic.com
http://www.richardmillnsmusic.com
Old 01-31-2017, 07:22 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiedadog View Post
Hi all- I recently bought a Martin 00018e Retro. I adore this guitar, beautiful to play, beautiful to look at and beautiful to hear no matter what I play on it. But...

I cannot get a decent sound out of the bloody F1+ system. I play at weddings so pre gig setup time is normally at a minimum, I have dialled in some tones at home and as soon as I get to a bigger room at a gig (playing through a SA220) it sounds like a £20 piezo.

In my other guitars I use a Matrix infinity through a Fishman Platinum and my sound then is fantastic. At the moment I am considering selling the 00018 to replace with an acoustic one and fitting my own pickup.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Any settings you have used that worked for you?

Thanks in advance folks

R
Sorry to hear that. I've found that from the 4 presets, one is always good to my ears with a little bit of EQ. Fwiw if you scroll past images 1,2 and 3, you'll arrive back at P which is "pickup only(no Aura)" and that is a Matrix Infinity. It's also helpful to depress the phase switch... maybe your tone is a bit too hollow and reversing phase might be more pleasing?

Have you tried running it through your Platinum pre?
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 01-31-2017, 07:41 AM

One thing you could try is to go back to basics - do a 'factory default reset' and then just work with Easy Mode presets 1-3 through the Fishman Platinum.

BluesKing777.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:10 PM

Thanks guys. I've reset it and used the easy mode settings through the platinum and that sounds pretty good. Gig tomorrow will report back then. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.indigoacoustic.com
http://www.richardmillnsmusic.com
Old 02-01-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiedadog View Post
Thanks guys. I've reset it and used the easy mode settings through the platinum and that sounds pretty good. Gig tomorrow will report back then. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good. When I had the HD28e retro, I went straight in. There's a lot of power in that on-bard system. Some of the features in the pedal become redundant, or counterproductive.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:21 PM

Post Deleted.

Alvarez ABT60 Bari Nat/ABT60E Rust-burst
Cordoba Flamenco GK Studio Zircote
D'Angelico Lexington Dred
Ibanez AC240 OM hog
2x Martin DSR Dred rosewood
Martin DSM Dred hog
Martin full Ovangkol Dred
Martin D-35 (2019)
Yamaha A5M Jap Cust Shop Dred
Yamaha A3M Dred
Yamaha A4K full Koa Dred
Bose S1 Pro
JBL Eon 1 original (2 each)

Objects in the future are closer then they appear.

Last edited by TheShadowKnows; 02-02-2017 at 12:23 PM. Reason: wrong Aura referenced.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification