The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-11-2005, 08:54 AM

Question Good material for learning rhythm guitar?

There have been several threads that I have seen about good material for learning fingerstyle guitar ( Mark Hanson's work always seemed to fare well in those discussions) and some talk about standard notation reading ( Mel Bay's - Mastering the Guitar spoken of highly ). What about for the rhythm guitarist? (Worship leading, campfire playing, family gathering, party going rhythm play)

I realize this would start out with basic 3/4 and 4/4 strums and a few open chords but I'm looking for something that goes from there to more creative rhythmic techniques ( muting, triplets, syncopation, ......hopefully even rasquedos, polyrhythms,.......)

"Let's lute the city", said the minstrels.

Oftentimes the only result I get from a thought experiment is a messed up lab.

Last edited by astrummer; 05-11-2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:54 PM

There's Jody Fisher's "Rythm Guitar Encyclopedia." I have it, it has numerous style examples, and a couple of CDs. Some styles are fairly esoteric, though. It's OK, but there's probably something better, I'm sure.

Scott

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell