The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-04-2009, 05:58 PM
The Middle Way

Default Iron & Wine: Shepherds Dog Alternate Tracks

I am not sure if you have noticed, but Sam Beam (a.k.a. Iron & Wine) has posted alternate acoustic tracks for his latest LP release, The Shepherd's Dog.

Download

These are very sweet and beautiful examples of his songwriting and deft fingerpicking. Highly recommended (and can't beat the price - free!).

I know there are some DADGAD fans here on AGF and there is a really nice one in this collection called "Lovesong of the Buzzard" (for those interested, I have the tab; the ones on the internets are mostly wrong).

Enjoy.

Guitars: Too many, but current favorite: 2006 Santa Cruz D-12

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

Blog: soundr
Old 05-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Charter Member

The most recent Acoustic Guitar mag included the tab for "Naked as We Came" - great song and easy pattern to learn and play for anyone interested......
Old 05-05-2009, 06:02 PM
The Middle Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by blews View Post
The most recent Acoustic Guitar mag included the tab for "Naked as We Came" - great song and easy pattern to learn and play for anyone interested......
Great song from an outstanding record.

By the way, if anyone is interested in more - free - I&W song samples, amazon.com has one: Belated Promise Ring

and Sub-Pop has one: The Trapeze Swinger (check the "Listen" section).

Also, a great place for I&W tabs: Passing Afternoon

Guitars: Too many, but current favorite: 2006 Santa Cruz D-12

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

Blog: soundr

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell