The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-02-2009, 11:31 PM

Default Addison, TX ... Bluegrass and Fireworks!

Tonight! July, 3rd ...

If you're in the North Texas area, you are probably familiar with Kaboom Town! in Addison, just north of Dallas. Entertainment starts at 5:00 on the main stage in Addison Circle with the Air National Guard Band of the Gulf Coast ... about two blocks away, in Beckert Park (formerly known as Esplanade Park) we will be playing a little bluegrass from 8:30 to 9:30 PM, and 10:00 - 11:00 PM, with what is always an awesome fireworks show in between.

Our fiddle player is a three time Mid-American Irish fiddle champion, and two time M-A Old Time fiddle champion. Banjo player is awesome, and the bass and mandolin players are from one of the top bands in North Texas ... so if you're looking for a good way to get an early start on the week-end, bring your blankets and lawn chairs, come on out and say hello! I'll be the fat guy with the guitar just trying to keep up!

Did I mention you will need to get there early if you want to park anywhere close? After 7, it will be an adventure trying to get there ... but there will be plenty going on ...

Playing music with my friends ... March, 2005
Old 07-03-2009, 05:13 AM

Default would love to...

and thanks for the invite, but my family will be in Conroe for the next 2 days...
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 07-03-2009, 05:55 AM

Dang! I live in Addison but we have already made plans to watch from a neighbors house.

Parking is ridiculous, we drove last year to a friends house north of the park and the maybe two miles to get home took 45 minutes, not worth it. We are one neighbors tree away from being able to watch from our back yard, so close.....

Hey, have a great show, most of the folks in our two neighborhoods off Midway either walk or just watch from one of the restaurants or someones house, break a leg!

For a small town (but a great tax base) Addison puts on some great venues, Kaboomtown is rated one of the 10 best fireworks displays in the country, pretty impressive!

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)
Old 07-03-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyAddison View Post
Dang! I live in Addison but we have already made plans to watch from a neighbors house.

Parking is ridiculous, we drove last year to a friends house north of the park and the maybe two miles to get home took 45 minutes, not worth it. We are one neighbors tree away from being able to watch from our back yard, so close.....

Hey, have a great show, most of the folks in our two neighborhoods off Midway either walk or just watch from one of the restaurants or someones house, break a leg!

For a small town (but a great tax base) Addison puts on some great venues, Kaboomtown is rated one of the 10 best fireworks displays in the country, pretty impressive!
Traffic is indeed not for the faint of heart ... and I've never actually tried to enter the "belly of the beast" area ... we used to watch from up near Trinity Mills and Midway.

One of the reasons they added this at the last minute was to help stagger the traffic ... they're showing Raiders of the Lost Ark on a giant screen in Addison Circle Park, and we will finish an hour after the fireworks, and an hour before the end of the movie ... hopefully that will give us an escape window!

Playing music with my friends ... March, 2005

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell