The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-18-2014, 10:19 AM

Default Advice on Yamaha APXT2

Hello fellow guitarists. I need advice from those of you who have Yamaha APXT2. I want to buy this one because I have small hands, so it fits me perfectly, and I really like the design. But I've seen many reviews about the poor quality of unplugged sound. The problem is I'm going to play it unplugged most of time. So is it worth it to buy that guitar to use it mostly unplugged?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:29 AM

I have this guitar, it's my travel guitar and goes everywhere with me. Granted it's not a boisterous sound but I compared it to the baby Taylor and the little martin and preferred the apxt2. Sometimes I also bring small amp, but most of the time I play acoustic and like it a lot. I keep 12s on it and might even venture to 13s but the key is if it is possible to play one in store it makes a huge difference. I actually bought one at GC and subsequently took it to all the GC it stores that I could find it to try every single one. The one I ended up keeping had a couple cosmetic flaws but played and sounded Way better than the others. So if that's and option I would suggest that. Otherwise, I've been enjoying mine. Lowered the action a little and it's been a traveling dream.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
apxt2, small size guitar, yamaha