The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-24-2018, 12:58 PM

Yes, I understand that Broussard was actually being traded twice in the deal in order to diffuse the cap hit. Being a fatigued and disenfranchised Pittsburgh Pirates can talk of draft picks and prospects causes my mind to want to go to its happy place and not get upset in details.

So Reaves is gone to Vegas? That’s an interesting move, but he was sort of a fifth wheel with reduced ice time anyway. I’m actually not surprised about Cole going. Sully doesn’t seem to like him; he’s been a healthy scratch many times this season and the only thing I can think of is that he tends to speak his mind too much for Sullivan’s tastes. Sully is a lot like a certain football coach in New England.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:25 PM

The headline on Sportsnet (Canadian sports channel) is "Pittsburgh Penguins clear winners in Derick Brassard deal". Brassard is under contract through next season at a cap hit of $3M.

Boston and Toronto tonight!
Old 02-24-2018, 05:51 PM

Go Bruins and Pens! Pens play the Panthers tonight in south Florida.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 02-24-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Go Bruins and Pens! Pens play the Panthers tonight in south Florida.
Both the Bruins and Pens lost. Crosby had another poor faceoff game, 5 wins, 12 losses. I'm just wondering if he's got a wrist injury.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Both the Bruins and Pens lost. Crosby had another poor faceoff game, 5 wins, 12 losses. I'm just wondering if he's got a wrist injury.
Crosby's healthy. His linemates are being changed up multiple times a game which is causing some continuity problems for faceoff positioning and puck retrieval. He's also being asked to take a lot of the defensive zone draws since Sullivan has been using 4th line center Carter Rowney less and less at even strength. I truly believe Sid is doing a little cruising right now as Malkin is on fire. I'm confident Sid will turn it back on before too long.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 02-25-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Crosby's healthy. His linemates are being changed up multiple times a game which is causing some continuity problems for faceoff positioning and puck retrieval. He's also being asked to take a lot of the defensive zone draws since Sullivan has been using 4th line center Carter Rowney less and less at even strength. I truly believe Sid is doing a little cruising right now as Malkin is on fire. I'm confident Sid will turn it back on before too long.
That's good to hear, Cat. Well, both Pens and Bruins lost last night.

I wonder where Erik Karlsson is going to be traded to? It seems almost imminent.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:52 AM

Bruins acquired Rick Nash from the Rangers! Looking forward to see how he fits in with the team. I remember seeing him play live during his rookie year in Columbus.

Edit: Just saw the news that Patrice Bergeron left the game last night in a walking boot ... NO! Going to have to wait for the usual "lower body injury" statement. Hopefully it's just a precaution.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Bruins acquired Rick Nash from the Rangers! Looking forward to see how he fits in with the team. I remember seeing him play live during his rookie year in Columbus.

Edit: Just saw the news that Patrice Bergeron left the game last night in a walking boot ... NO! Going to have to wait for the usual "lower body injury" statement. Hopefully it's just a precaution.
Oh no!!

Man, I hope whatever is wrong with Bergeron is not serious. Aside from being my favorite player on the team he's the beating heart of the Bruins. Fingers crossed that he won't miss much time.

Hopefully Nash will mesh well with the Bruins' system and give the B's a nice boost for their playoff push.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 02-25-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Oh no!!

Man, I hope whatever is wrong with Bergeron is not serious. Aside from being my favorite player on the team he's the beating heart of the Bruins. Fingers crossed that he won't miss much time.

Hopefully Nash will mesh well with the Bruins' system and give the B's a nice boost for their playoff push.
I hope it's just something slight with Bergeron. That would be disaster for the Bruins if he's out. I wonder if the timing of the Nash trade is any indication of this?

Montreal just traded Tomas Plekanec to the Maple Leafs for a couple of no name players and a draft pick. Trade deadline is an exciting time for the NHL, just like July 1 Free Agency.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:45 AM

This gives the Leafs very good center depth with Matthews, Qadri, Bozak and Plekanec down the middle.

Pens GM Jim Rutherford is looking to acquire a defenseman. I'm hearing they might go after Ian Cole! That would be Twilight Zone strange if it happens. I'm also hearing the Pens have an interest in Montreal's Jordie Benn.

BTW- I just read a report that Bergeron's condition is not serious. Walking boot was precautionary and that he might play tonight against the Sabres! Yay!!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 02-25-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
This gives the Leafs very good center depth with Matthews, Qadri, Bozak and Plekanec down the middle.

Pens GM Jim Rutherford is looking to acquire a defenseman. I'm hearing they might go after Ian Cole! That would be Twilight Zone strange if it happens. I'm also hearing the Pens have an interest in Montreal's Jordie Benn.

BTW- I just read a report that Bergeron's condition is not serious. Walking boot was precautionary and that he might play tonight against the Sabres! Yay!!!
That's great to hear.

Going to start a new NHL thread. This thread will get closed at 300 posts and we're at 296.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic