The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-24-2018, 12:12 PM

Default Fishman Mini Charge Vs Bose S1 Pro

To start off I do not play guitar. My daughter plays electric keyboards,flute,sings,and I would play accompanying rhythm instruments. I would also use the speaker as a monitor for my Roland Electronic Drum kit. Also would be using the amp for backing tracks to play along with so need volume. I already have Qsc K8.2, Bose L1 Compact and L1 Model 2 for bigger gigs. Mainly looking for something battery operated to play outside. I want an all in one unit so am not looking for inverter set ups. Vocal quality is important as well as low end for rhythm instruments. I also have a battery operated Behringer 1002 Mixer that I use.

Maui 5 Go could be compared if anyone has heard it? I know it's more expensive but price is not my deciding factor.

Pros/Cons

Fishman 60 watts Bose 40 watts
Weight: Bose 16Lbs Fishman 21lbs
Bose can be pole mounted-how important is that for projecting outside?
Which has a better high end? Fishman has a tweeter.
Fishman has a Master Volume control
Are the effects better on one or the other?
Is the midrange better on one over the other?
Price: Bose $700 Fishman $500

Last edited by wweiss; 02-24-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Price Bose$700 Fishman $500
Old 02-25-2018, 04:09 PM

The Fishman frequency specs are 80Hz - 20kHz

Can't find the info online at the moment, but off the top of my head believe the Bose was 70Hz - 16kHz

But.. you mention electronic drums and low end. Don't think either amp would cover the low end requirement well.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:21 PM

yea a kick drum i would think would tax the little bose.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:00 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
yea a kick drum i would think would tax the little bose.
Kick does not tax the S1. I was worried about that but it handles tracks with acoustic bass and kick very, very well. Used it last night on a gig for 50 people (20 x 60 room, 10 tables and a bar) and it worked great. The S1 was on the floor tilted back slightly. No problem with coverage or volume.

Putting the S1 on a stand would probably double its capability.

Almost no setup with very little to carry. Battery amp (no AC plug in), wireless guitar, and Bluetooth for the tracks. Didn’t even bring my iPad. Just used my iPhone for the tracks. I’m pretty spoiled.

The S1 has surprisingly deep bass. Much deeper than the Sunburst M6BR8. The Sunburst is cleaner and more defined the way studio monitors are but the S1 has much more low end punch. You really need to hear one.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:20 PM
Charter Member

I will be interested to hear from anyone who has used the S1 and the LBM Charge in a real world comparison. I have an LBM that I use with my Bose L1C, and like the tone and EQ/effects options. Just wondering how the S1 would do in that duty.

I bought the LBM years ago, thinking it would be good for a really small gig, but have never used it that way (always with the L1C).
Old 02-25-2018, 09:21 PM

Smile http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

I don't intend on running these amps with electronic drums-just backing tracks,vocals,miked flute,and miked percussion instruments. Jamming at parks or the beach.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification