The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-11-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Maniac View Post
Speaking of pedals, I had my pedal board connected to the input of the Micro Dark amp....I noticed some distortion and loss signal from my guitar. Plugged directly into the amp my guitar sounded great, but thru the pedal board something wasn't right. So I tried connecting the pedal board to the effects loop on the amp...world of difference, sounds much better. The effects never sounded so good. So obviously the effect send and returns are properly matched to my pedals now.
I wouldn't have guessed that the Micro Dark had an FX loop. Sweet. Are you also putting the Tube Screamer in the FX Loop? I'd try that one in front and keep the chorus/delay/reverb in the loop.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:20 AM

I'm putting the whole pedal board in the effects loop and it works great. If I want a distorted sound I just turn up the gain on the Micro Dark amp and I get all the distortion I want, I don't need the Tube Screamer anymore. The knobs on the Micro Dark are very effective. Some amps and effects have knobs that do very little, but the Micro Dark really kicks it. You definitely notice a big difference when you crank it. I've never had an Orange amp before, but boy do I like it !!
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M
Old 07-11-2016, 09:30 AM

Here's a comment about the effects loop that I received....it explains that an effects loop circuit is more than just an input/output circuit...

"A proper effects loop attenuated the signal down and then boosts it back up before it hits the power amp. Reverbs and delays always sounded better in a loop to me"

I know it's doing something different because the effects sound awesome thru thru the loop. I thought maybe it was an impedance mismatch or something...either or, the circuit designers at Orange have it figured out.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 07-11-2016, 09:44 AM

If you'd like to hear the Micro Dark in action, go to You Tube and search for "Micro Dark amp", you'll find many videoes of it being demo'ed by various people.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars