The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 05-12-2015, 12:29 PM

Default Nut Slot Question

I have a newly acquired Furch OM guitar and after some issues with saddle height its very close to being spot on set up wise .... I think .
I'm just wondering if the nut slots may need to be a tad deeper ... I 'm conscious that I probably have a fairly heavy left hand technique ( years of electric playing / bending etc ) ... but I think i'm noticing a little pitch variation down on the first fret in particular .... when I fret in that first position and apply my customary ( excessive perhaps ) pressure .
is this something anyone may be able to comment on without seeing the guitar ?
Are there specific checks i could do myself to determine whether this needs attention or its my technique that needs to lighten up & relax .
I'm working my way through a fingerpicking course & I may be fretting more heavily than usual out of sheer determination !
Any advice very gratefully heeded .
George
Old 05-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Guest 1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgedeA View Post
...Are there specific checks i could do myself to determine whether this needs attention or its my technique that needs to lighten up & relax.
Check Frets.com...here.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Yates View Post
Check Frets.com...here.
Thanks Todd - I'll have a good look at this based on the advice here - much appreciated .
George

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair