The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-26-2009, 02:23 PM

Default Introducing... "Edward the 3rd"

Hi gang... thought I'd share a bit about me, my music and my passion...

I play in an acoustic duo called "Edward the 3rd"... it's myself and my 17 year old nephew... we play pretty much every Friday night as a duo, and Sat. afternoon hosting an Open Mic... our music is all cover tunes, from all over the map...

We play a mix of:
------------------------
Classic (Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Beatles)
Contemporary (Blue Rodeo, John Cougar, CCR, Jim Croce, Bryan Adams, Bob Seger)
Country (Garth Brooks, Jimmy Buffet. Big and Rich, Johnny Cash, John Denver, Kenny Rogers)
Modern (Tragically Hip, Bon Jovi, Jeff Healey, Matchbox 20, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Oasis)

A bit about Me:
----------------------
When not playing in the acoustic duo", Kevin spends his days consulting with IBM Business Partners via the Internet... Kevin’s background in music spans 25 years, playing electric and acoustic guitar with various bands around PEI including Blue Explosion, 140 Smooth Bore and more recently, Cameltoe... music influences include Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bob Seger, Pink Floyd and Bon Jovi...

A bit about my Nephew:
----------------------
When not playing with the acoustic duo, Justin spends his days studying, learning and rehearsing for other musical interests around PEI... Justin’s background in music spans over 7 years, playing not only guitar, but French Horn and other Brass instruments... fluent in musical theory, Justin brings a “creative technical” approach to the duo, which creates unique rhythms and chord stylings... some influences include Andy McGee, Don Ross and Pink Floyd...

I just picked up this custom banner two weeks ago, and think it looks pretty snazzy behind the L1 !... the lights are just cheap Radio Shack sound activated led's... they're light as a feather, and balance nicely on an adapter I have hooked into the bayonet slot... the two guitar hangers on each side of the L1 were custom made by me, using two different Hercules wall hangers... bit of dremmeling, and voila ! (Bose approves up to 2 guitars hanging off the speaker cylinders)... I use a couple of Chauvet Color Banks for front lighting... I've since added a Chauvet BOB (think fake flame), and have it "burning" on top of the L1 now

Anyway... hope you like the setup... and, if you have any questions on the L1, or my setup, just ask !

Here's my attempt to post a pic of my new L1 Classic, with banner and backlight display...

1997 Takamine EF341C
1984 Larrivee RS4 solid body Electric
1935 Harmony Archtop

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell