The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-07-2024, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Default Fishman Loudbox Mini question

If I plug my effect pedal into the 1/4" AUX Input on the back of the LB mini, I will bypass the preamp of the LB? Is that correct?

I want to use the amp as a stage monitor and send the DI to the mixer.

Has anyone tried this? Thanks
Old 03-08-2024, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

It will send the signal being fed into the Aux input to the power amp with no effects other than a volume control. Although I have no idea why you wouldn't want to just use the guitar channel on the Mini and just turn the effects off. It would give you a lot more control of the signal you're sending to the PA.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 03-08-2024, 10:13 AM
Charter Member

I use the Mini as a stage monitor also, but I take the signal from my f/x unit to a DI box. The XLR out goes to the board, the 1/4" out goes to the Mini.

You can therefore adjust the Mini for the sound that works for you on stage, changing it at will as needed without affecting the signal the sound man deals with. You can still control your chorus, delay, etc but the FOH guy will be able to adjust the eq and volume he needs for the house.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
It will send the signal being fed into the Aux input to the power amp with no effects other than a volume control. Although I have no idea why you wouldn't want to just use the guitar channel on the Mini and just turn the effects off. It would give you a lot more control of the signal you're sending to the PA.
In what way would it give me more control of the signal I'm sending to the PA? I am using an external preamp, I would just be bypassing the Loudbox internal preamp. Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something here but I appreciate the help.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:37 AM
Charter Member

I should mention my preamp is an Acoustic Fly rig
Old 03-08-2024, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medford Guitar View Post
In what way would it give me more control of the signal I'm sending to the PA? I am using an external preamp, I would just be bypassing the Loudbox internal preamp. Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something here but I appreciate the help.
It gives you the option of tweaking the signal EQ being sent to the board. If during the show you notice your tone is mixed a little thin you can add some bass or mids to get it more to your liking, for example. I always feel like more options are better than less options.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 03-21-2024, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
It gives you the option of tweaking the signal EQ being sent to the board. If during the show you notice your tone is mixed a little thin you can add some bass or mids to get it more to your liking, for example. I always feel like more options are better than less options.
Thank you for the insights. I've taken your advice and on my pedal board it's now, Acoustic Fly Rig...Looper...J48 DI...XLR to mixer...1/4" out to LB

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification