The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-06-2013, 10:21 AM

Default Admira Oro Blanco model

Hi all,

Anyone have any experience of playing/owning the Admira Ora Blanco classical guitar? For those who aren't aware this has a German spruce top and maple back and sides. I believe this is actually a discontinued model but I really like the look of it. I want to try a classical guitar after around 50 years of playing steel string instruments, I love fingerpicking all kinds of music. I'm in the early stages of considering buying one of these and would really appreciate any comments you may have about the spruce/maple combination, I guess the spruce means the instrument's overall sound will improve as it ages. As I have yet to hear/play the guitar I'm considering buying I would be particularly interested if any of you can point me towards any sound samples for this Admira model, I've seen lots of other Admira guitars on You Tube but so far can't find one of these. Maybe someone knows about an audio clip on Soundcloud or similar? Or if you own one of these guitars perhaps you made a recording I could listen to?

This is a great forum with many interesting contributions from people at all levels of ability and it has really established itself in my own musical life; although I'm sure there must be more UK based guitar players lurking around than there appears to be from reading the threads. If you're one of those why not make yourself known to me? For the record I live in the Peak District near Manchester and my current guitars are a Taylor 814CE bought used around 2009 and I really love it. I also own a Tanglewood Odyssey electro-acoustic that I've owned for some 20 years or more although that is recently a little unloved I'm sad to say!

Regards,
Howard
Old 11-06-2013, 08:41 PM

Default Admira

Howard, I did a quick search on the Delcamp Forum for Admira and got 512 matches.

http://www.delcamp.net/

Cheers,

Randy
Old 11-07-2013, 04:25 AM

Default Admira Oro Blanco model

Hi Randy,

Thanks for that, I really appreciate you taking the time to investigate on my behalf. The Delcamp forum isn't something I have heard of until now, I'll take a look and maybe I'll be lucky to find some more infromation.

Have a great day!!

Regards,
Howard

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical