The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-26-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kats45 View Post
I own a C10. I've played the C5 and C7, but was not impressed with them. They didn't project well, and I thought the tuners were cheap.
The C10 is much higher quality.
OK so you have a guitar that costs twice as much solid wood back/sides. Not surprised. Do you compare Chevy's to Cadillac's on Car forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
Hope that makes you feel better about yourself.
Politically incorrect but I agree what an arrogant comment he made. I mean I could go over his cost 5 times and tell him how much better that is vs his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanyknots View Post
Originally Posted by kats45:
I own a C10. I've played the C5 and C7, but was not impressed with them. They didn't project well, and I thought the tuners were cheap.
The C10 is much higher quality.
Hope that makes you feel better about yourself.

Wow, that's a snide comment. The above is true, I have noticed the same myself and ended up with a c9. The c9/c10 are much better guitars for not that much more money, it is definitely worth it. The frets and fretwork are better, (they use higher frets, and more importantly alot of the c5/c7's I have played had leveled frets which had not been re-crowned, which can make for alot of buzz or having to press the string down very hard to not get buzz), and the projection, bass, resonance, tone, overtones, everything is just alot better. I like their cedars better then their spruce tops, but both the spruce and cedar c9s/c10s I have played were very nice for the price. I like the c3m/c5/c7 too, I think they are great for the money also. But the above is very true, and I don't think you need to be rude to someone who is just giving you the advice/answering the question you asked?
No kidding look at your budget, come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballbryan View Post
He asked for advice before he purchased the guitar... After he purchased it, the potentially rude comment was posted... I can see why he may have responded that way.....

Bryan
The voice of reason here. Great point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
Well I can pretty well guarantee I'm not going to post any negatives about anyone else's guitar on this forum...even if they're true. Expressing an honest opinion isn't worth the grief.

Dave
If you post guitars that are 2X+ the cost after purchase I hope you don't. Go curl up in a ball and act offended for the wrong poster.

Hi I just bought a $99 Fender acoustic don't post how the Martin D-28 is better. No kidding. It is what it is and will be as it is. All you little offended kids grab your skirts and go home. Yes even OP knows there are better guitars but do not pull a 2X axe out of your bum.
Cordoba Solista CE CD/IN
Cordoba Fusion 14RS
Gibson Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II HoneyBurst
Fender Standard Stratocaster Gold
Fender Standard Telecaster Lake Placid Blue
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Burst
Ibanez GRGA 42 TRB
Ibanez GRGA 32 WHT
Ibanez SR300 Grey
Old 10-26-2013, 03:57 PM

I used to have a C5, and I sold it when I was depressed and out of money. Of course, I am sorry I did that now. It was a great guitar with a beautiful voice. I've been thinking of buying another one, but how many guitars does one person need (hypothetical question....)?
Yamaha FS720S
Larrivee P-01 ISS
Simon & Patrick Songsmith 12-string
Old 10-26-2013, 06:40 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
The good thing about an inexpensive guitar is that the first ding doesn't hurt as much...
If that's all that hurts, when you get a cheap guitar, you are fortunate!!

Alvarez Yairi CY-127-CE
Alvarez Yairi CY-140-CE
Old 10-31-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
Congrats!!!!. Mine has worked out very well as far as playability and sound. It records really good and has a great full sound through the board. It`s a FUN guitar!. Wish you the Best with yours!.
Just received my C5 and it is working great, thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical