The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

Default SOLD! RainSong Shorty Limited Edition - one week only! Phoenix area local pickup!

SOLD! For sale: 2013 RainSong Shorty SG-FLE (Shorty Gloss - Forum Limited Edition). Carbon Fiber - no concerns with humidity or lack thereof! We are in the Phoenix area for the next week or so, and this guitar is offered for sale during that time.

The Shorty is an OM, very similar in size to a Taylor Grand Concert. It is a 12 fret, NS neck (with a truss-rod). Hybrid construction gives this guitar a piano-like tone. Fishman Prefix Plus-T pickup.

There were only 26 of these produced, as a nod to the AGF. It has the enhanced abalone soundhole rosette and the cool sharks as inlaid fret markers (not offered on other Shorty models). All gloss finish.

I originally bought this guitar as a boat and RV travel guitar, but it quickly became my main gigging guitar. Plays great, sounds great. The Shorty has been described by RainSong as their most refined body shape, a unidirectional soundboard, hybrid body construction (carbon fiber soundboard, hybrid CF/glass-fiver back and sides). The 12-fret neck is short scale (24.9"). Good for fingerstyle, but my use has been strumming.

This guitar is in very good condition, has a couple small marks on the top. (see photos) Includes the TKL hardshell case.

It is available for pickup only in the Phoenix, AZ area (we are in Goodyear). Once we hit the road again (by March 30th or so), this will be off the market.

If you have been considering a carbon fiber guitar, this is the opportunity to own a piece of AGF history with a Limited Edition of RainSong's popular Shorty/OM body. If you are already a carbon fiber fan, this is a unique version of the popular Shorty.

$1,200. I'm looking to thin the herd, so no trades. Listed on AGF only. PM me here to get a phone number.

Last edited by Captain Jim; 03-21-2018 at 05:03 PM. Reason: guitar is sold
Old 03-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

Deal of the day!!
Old 03-20-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk View Post
Deal of the day!!
I would have to say....Oh YES it is!

If I lived near or in Phoenix I would consider it.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-20-2018, 06:01 PM

Could you stay a little longer to give me time to drive from Upstate NY, to buy locally lol? Great looking Carbon Fiber guitar right there!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Could you stay a little longer to give me time to drive from Upstate NY, to buy locally lol? Great looking Carbon Fiber guitar right there!
Well, Tom, if it doesn't sell while we're here, I will be bringing it back home to Texas... about 1,000 miles closer for you. How's that for service?

Too bad I didn't mention this when we passed through Upstate NY last summer - I could have delivered it to your door! Ah, missed opportunities.

If someone in the Phoenix area doesn't snap it up this week, I will relist it with a shipping option when we get back to Texas.

Priced to sell! One only at this price! Yes, women will find you better looking and men will want to be you when seen with this guitar! Use of this product may be habit forming - the seller is not responsible if your wood guitars get their feelings hurt when you bring this home.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:15 PM

This is a stupid good price for a full gloss Shorty. (or for that matter any Rainsong with the Sharks and full abalone rosette) Someone buy it before I do something foolish like drive across town with 12 Benjamins in my pocket.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 03-21-2018, 06:06 AM
Charter Member

PM sent. I’ll take it if you have time to stop at a UPS or Fedex and send it my way. Phil
Old 03-21-2018, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Munsterman View Post
PM sent. I’ll take it if you have time to stop at a UPS or Fedex and send it my way. Phil
Hi Phil - I got your PM, responding right now.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:01 PM
Charter Member

Sold! Thanks for looking!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars