The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-13-2018, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

Default Replacement tuners for Godin LGX

After owning my Godin LGX-SA for over a decade, I've finally had it with those tuners, the locking tuners with the little caps on the end of the posts. I don't need locking tuners, the guitar does not have a trem and even if it did, after 50+ years of playing I'm quite adept at locking a string on the post. Those dumb little caps fall on the floor and roll around when changing strings and the post itself is too short just to leave them off.

As it happens, my new Godin A6 Ultra came with exactly the tuners I'd prefer. They look like Grover minis but have "Godin" stamped on the housing. If I were sure they'd be drop-in replacements for the ones on the LGX I'd just order a set from Godin. Does anyone know offhand if they'd fit?
Old 03-18-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymuso View Post
After owning my Godin LGX-SA for over a decade, I've finally had it with those tuners, the locking tuners with the little caps on the end of the posts. I don't need locking tuners, the guitar does not have a trem and even if it did, after 50+ years of playing I'm quite adept at locking a string on the post. Those dumb little caps fall on the floor and roll around when changing strings and the post itself is too short just to leave them off.

As it happens, my new Godin A6 Ultra came with exactly the tuners I'd prefer. They look like Grover minis but have "Godin" stamped on the housing. If I were sure they'd be drop-in replacements for the ones on the LGX I'd just order a set from Godin. Does anyone know offhand if they'd fit?
I agree if you are using a fixed bridge there is no need to have locking tuners. Its over kill. I would just replace with a good set of grover or gotoh tuners.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars