The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 11-11-2013, 11:31 AM

Default Sell/trade my Godin 5th Ave Kingpin II & get a Loar LH300 w/a K&K Definity pickup?

OK - I am considering this:

I don't play my Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin II (equipped with 2 P90's) very often. I have found that I am a truly acoustic player at heart. I love the acoustic archtop as an instrument, but the electric tone is not really for me.

Wolfe Guitars by me has had this one for awhile:

http://www.gbase.com/gear/the-loar-lh300-2013-sunburst#

Equipped with a K&K Definity pickup - should reproduce the acoustic tone well. Plus, it has a 1 3/4" nut width... :-)

What do you good people think? Yes, no, maybe? Would this setup (Loar LH300 with a K&K Definity) provide me with the tone I want?
Old 11-11-2013, 12:21 PM

Which type amp are you using? I purchased a Fender Blues Junior for mine and I found that it's just not what I want either. With my Fishman Mini right there, I had to try it. To me, it's much better. My oldest brother now lives with me, he brought a pile of gear. I've tried the Godin through all his amps and I still prefer the Fishman...
Old 11-11-2013, 12:29 PM

I have a Fender Frontman 15 and a Roland AC-90...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops