The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-18-2013, 07:18 PM

Default Is anyone familiar with Riamundo guitars?

Is anyone familiar with Raimundo guitars? Apparently they just recently started selling them in the USA.

Cordoba C5 (2015)
Yamaha FS700S (2014)
Conn F-1512 (1977)
Epiphone EA-250 (1973)
Old 10-18-2013, 07:27 PM

http://www.guitarrasraimundo.com/

Been in the US since 1984.

Lots of info available on the net including youtube.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:02 AM

A Raimundo was my first classical guitar in 2007. I bought it from Sam Ash, and it was an all-solid cutaway in cedar and rosewood. The good sides, for me, were that it sounded wonderful - deep and rich on the wound strings and sweet on the trebles. It looked great, too, and smelled heavenly - it could perfume a room within minutes of getting out of the case! The downside, again for me, was the playability. The action was high and the neck like a treetrunk. Maybe I'd see it a little differently now, having played more classicals, but at the time, the transition from the sleek necks and baby-actions we find on our Taylors, Gibsons and the rest of 'em was a little too much for me. I sold it because of this, which I now consider to have been a rash move.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical