The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-05-2011, 03:38 PM

Default My Forster Guitar - Re-Fret & Funky Zero Fret.

Evening all...

I thought I would chip this into the forum as there are a few folk around here who follow the British guitar scene and are interested to see what's what...

I have had my Forster model B for a few years now and have previously written about it on the forum ( HERE! )

It's really blooming as an instrument (though I may not be as a player!) with the Italian spruce top aging sweetly...

I had a recent set-up go disastrously wrong (the tech decided that the best way to get rid of a little buzz was to shave the frets so they were flush with the fretboard...) so it was off to Nigel Forster for a re-fret!

The re-fret is just spot-on ( and done in super-quick time with all shipping arranged by Nigel)..but I thought I would post a pic of the new zero fret which he has added...it's shaped for improved intonation...

There has been a few debates about the pros and cons of the zero fret around these parts....I have always liked the sound, consistency and feel...and now I am also digging the improved intonation, particularly over first position chords..

Anyway...just thought I would show this to the group for info...

Cheers..

D.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:34 PM

Pretty cool.. Is the nut in the original position ?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:30 AM

Ah yes...there was always a zero fret in that position...this is just a new version.

The nut is in the same position it always was...
Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 AM
happiness

That is indeed a very funky zero fret! You must have been gutted when the set up went wrong; I'm glad the story had a happy ending.

Fliss
Old 01-06-2011, 05:45 AM

What a brilliant idea for the zero fret. Thanks for sharing.

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop