The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-20-2015, 05:22 PM

Default CA Legacy RAW?

A couple days ago I had a chance to play this guitar, it is new, cost 1800.00 got it down to 1600.00 but thinking it could come down a bit more. Even at 1500.00 should it go that low not sure it is a good price. There are no electronics on board and I don't think they will continue to carry these anymore, because of its slow sales, it is the last one, deal or no deal? I have nothing to compare price with after looking around I can find no information on pricing for this model.

The sound was not bad, and the action, although not bad could be a little lower, of course it is not as good as my hd-28 but what would be the point of buying a guitar if it sounded like a guitar you already like and have? I understand it has no truss rod so about the only option to lower the action would be with the saddle and maybe the nut, at least what I know of it.

Guess I am asking if this is worth the money or not?

If a snake falls into your boat, for Gods sake, don't shoot it.

Last edited by pick me; 11-20-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:42 AM

The price seems reasonable for a new Legacy raw. I have and OX Raw and the last I saw the price of those was well over $1K.

In the end if you really like the guitar its worth it. I would not suggest looking at a typical guitar purchase and an investment.

Used CF guitars have held their value better than I would have expected. You may want to check the Classified forum and see if any Legacy's are for sale. That may help you know if its worth the money.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

This past summer, the Peavey Legacy RAW, with Fishman Prefix+T, was selling for $1899 at Sweetwater. It can probably be had for less BUT I think Peavey is no longer making the Legacy RAW in either straight acoustic or onboard electronic versions so all that remains are those currently in stores. The used 2013 model I played sounded real good and I was waiting for a new one to appear in stores to purchase but that may not happen now.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 12-13-2015, 07:35 PM

I may be interested in selling my '13 Raw. It has no on board electronics. Great shape and I'll do way better than 1600. I'm actually looking at getting a Lucky 13.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:54 PM

You can get an Emerald shipped to your door from Ireland for less. I owned a CA Cargo Raw. It was junk IMO compared to the Emerald. I bought my Cargo for $899 before Peavey inexplicably jacked up the price to an obscene level. And good luck adjusting the action. You will be shaving down the nut or saddle, either of which will likely cause fret buzz. At least it did for me. IMO there are much better options.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber