The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-07-2016, 07:53 PM

Default Case for a vintage Gibson B-25-12N

Hey guys,

I'm trying to help an older lady I met find a hardshell case for her husbands guitar. She wants to get him one for Christmas, I offered to help find the correct one.

Of course he ended up having an odd guitar. Is there anyone out there that would happen to know what hardshell case would fit a Gibson B-25-12N? I know it's difficult without having it in your hands, which is why I'm struggling.

Thanks a bunch guys, I do appreciate it!
Old 12-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

your best bet will be to get some basic dimensions: overall length, lower bout width, upper bout width and body depth.

Then you can shop at any of the case manufacturers' sites.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 12-07-2016, 08:27 PM

Doesn't the B25 have the same dimensions as an LG-2?
I can't point you to a particular case, but that might give you a place to start.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd612 View Post
Doesn't the B25 have the same dimensions as an LG-2?
I can't point you to a particular case, but that might give you a place to start.
After looking at different Gibson bodies online, that's certainly my assumption.. but I don't want her to order the wrong case based on my poor assumption. This does help though, thank you
Old 12-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Charter Member

It will fit in most classical guitar cases. Check any music store that has classical guitars in stock.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:26 PM

Just make sure there's enough clearance for the longer 12-string headstock.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:08 PM

Another option would be to contact Gibson customer service and ask for some specific brands and model numbers that will fit.
'14 Martin 00-15m
Old 12-09-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamagish View Post
Hey guys,

I'm trying to help an older lady I met find a hardshell case for her husbands guitar. She wants to get him one for Christmas, I offered to help find the correct one.

Of course he ended up having an odd guitar. Is there anyone out there that would happen to know what hardshell case would fit a Gibson B-25-12N? I know it's difficult without having it in your hands, which is why I'm struggling.

Thanks a bunch guys, I do appreciate it!

If Gibson B-25-12N is the correct name, it is the 12 string version of the B25 and has an absolutely massive headstock at least 4 or 5 inches longer than a standard B25. When I got mine from Ebay many years ago, it came in a gig bag with the headstock sticking right out the top! Somehow it made it here intact. One day, I was playing another Ebay buy, probably the last one ever, and I noticed the case it came in was way longer than the headstock and thought......let me try the 12 in that thing, and it is a perfect fit. And bought a classical case for the LG1.

Unfortunately, I just looked it over for you and there is not one name on any part of it, not even the latches. It is a black case with yellow stitches, and a noname, so not much help, am I except confirming the size of the guitar and saying a case is out there somewhere for it! But measure it!

BluesKing777.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
b-25-12n, case, help with case