The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-07-2013, 10:32 AM

Default 1st single from upcoming album

Hey guys, heres the first single from our upcoming debut album "Escape to Reality" which will be available online May 21st.

https://soundcloud.com/beforeperils/four

Hope you guys enjoy!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:41 AM

Not exactly my cup of tea musically, but that is fabulous, writing, playing and composing! The end sure caught my attention

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 05-07-2013, 12:40 PM

lol thanks Roy! Ill have to check out some of your stuff to see what your "cup of tea" is Thanks for taking the time to listen
Old 05-09-2013, 03:04 PM

Cool. I dug it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Modli...23585177732114
Old 05-11-2013, 07:02 AM

Very different...almost gypsy style bluegrass? Excellent musicianship. I enjoyed listening. Good Luck with your CD!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 05-12-2013, 05:05 PM

Thanks Dave! Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Dave View Post
Cool. I dug it.
Thanks Bob! We had fun recording it and we're all really happy with the quality of the sound to. And whats even cooler is that even though its all instrumental music the album is a concept album! Cant wait for it to come out!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 PM

Clean recording...

Interesting dynamics...well-done all around...

Only way I would be more impressed was if you found the ideal vocalist & lyrics & melody to match this music to go with this....

It would take it over the top and make it a little more accessible....Not everyone will listen to instrumentals, no matter how great it is....

And, this is great

Breedlove American C25 SME--Neumann KMS 105---Fishman Loudbox Performer---KORG PA 4X--Tascam DP 24
God, My Guitar, & Me
Old 05-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the feedback Steve! We've all been in bands with vocalist so this was something new and a different approach to music and another outlet as well as a challenge to make music without the need of vocals and you'll hear that through out the album. The band was kind of an accident, it went from jamming on a couple of songs for a friends party and was supposed to be a one time thing and ended getting bigger than we had ever anticipated. We have definitely backed many vocalist here locally and would eventually like to do an album with many vocalist instead of just one plus it stays true to our undefined no boundary style, there's everything from blues to Celtic and Latin to acoustic metal on our album but I guess that's what makes it fun and always interesting, we are currently working on a tango piece! Ill post it when were done

Even though instrumental, classical music is one of the most listened to genres even to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Clean recording...

Interesting dynamics...well-done all around...

Only way I would be more impressed was if you found the ideal vocalist & lyrics & melody to match this music to go with this....

It would take it over the top and make it a little more accessible....Not everyone will listen to instrumentals, no matter how great it is....

And, this is great

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
acoustic, cajon, instrumental, quartet, violin