The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-25-2018, 08:36 AM

would it be possible to describe the sound when using a flatpick as compared with an 00 size Martin? thanks.......
Old 01-25-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
Very nice! I just recently purchased the dread hybrid from Raining and I am blown away by the tone. Have fun with it!
Hi Todd,

How would you compare your Rainsong dread to your D18? Thanks,

Jim
Old 01-25-2018, 12:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCA View Post
Hi Todd,

How would you compare your Rainsong dread to your D18? Thanks,

Jim
Definitely different. The Rainsong has a bit more chime and high end to it, but not in a negative way. I would say the Rainsong has a bit more of a Taylor vibe. The bass is very good and it's a joy to play, and the tone is great. It isn't particularly Woody sounding, which is how I describe my D18. But, it is more similar to a wood guitar than I imagined it would be.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

So now that you have been playing the guitar for almost a year, What do you think?

I am searching for just the right 12 fret parolor for me. I don't own a carbon fiber guitar but have no reason to rule one out.

Many thanks
Old 11-21-2018, 06:12 PM

I've had mine for 16 months. It has become my only guitar (an experiment I've thought about for years). It projects well enough for pure acoustic duo practices against his various Martins and Taylor. It sound wonderful in my fairly live living room. I've brought it to more than a few parties and it accompanies my voice perfectly. The cut-away lets me do all the rock and roll licks a 14 fret neck previously required (and a few more). Plugged-in it is a pleasure to gig with in those restaurant situations where a corner 4-top is pulled to place a duo and all our stuff. I just ordered an Anthem SL to see if that steps up the plugged-in tone, though I'm not unhappy with the Element I'm currently using. This guitar has flown quite a bit in a TKL parlor case which is a fairly snug fit. I like that it does not draw the ire of a dreadnought on an airplane but will withstand the wheelie assault from people who can't see or don't care what is already overhead (with today's deconstructed airline ticket pricing I always buy early boarding). I think with other guitars in its size class it is a clear winner. What surprised me was how well it holds up against larger instruments.

Add in I tune it once at the start of a three set gig and never have to tune it again. And it once blew off a chair onto a concrete floor with no damage!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uw...HXt9e2kLdqvsWY
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 11-21-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
I've had mine for 16 months. It has become my only guitar (an experiment I've thought about for years). It projects well enough for pure acoustic duo practices against his various Martins and Taylor. It sound wonderful in my fairly live living room. I've brought it to more than a few parties and it accompanies my voice perfectly. The cut-away lets me do all the rock and roll licks a 14 fret neck previously required (and a few more). Plugged-in it is a pleasure to gig with in those restaurant situations where a corner 4-top is pulled to place a duo and all our stuff. I just ordered an Anthem SL to see if that steps up the plugged-in tone, though I'm not unhappy with the Element I'm currently using. This guitar has flown quite a bit in a TKL parlor case which is a fairly snug fit. I like that it does not draw the ire of a dreadnought on an airplane but will withstand the wheelie assault from people who can't see or don't care what is already overhead (with today's deconstructed airline ticket pricing I always buy early boarding). I think with other guitars in its size class it is a clear winner. What surprised me was how well it holds up against larger instruments.

Add in I tune it once at the start of a three set gig and never have to tune it again. And it once blew off a chair onto a concrete floor with no damage!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uw...HXt9e2kLdqvsWY
I concur. I gig regularly with my RainSong and it is a much better guitar than I am a musician. 😇
2012 RainSong H DR 1000(original owner)
2011 Gretsch Anniversary Model(original owner)
Mandolin- 1920's A-Style (unknown brand)
Mandolin- Fender Mandostrat
Banjo -2016 Gold Tone EBM-5+
Fender 2013- Strat
Old 11-21-2018, 07:08 PM
Guest 928

Jon;

Dynamite--good on you. It's nice finding your match. Many years of joy!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber