The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Default Blueridge BR-240A recording?

Why is it I have never been able to find an audio or video clip of a Blueridge BR-240A?

The closest I've found is one video on youtube https://youtu.be/7-gO39IlCyo
with playing and singing by an individual, but I really want to just hear the guitar.

I find it strange that no stores, or sales reps. have ever posted a recording.

I'd love to hear this guitar but it's kind of like looking for a unicorn at this point since there are none in the stores by me.

I suppose I could order one from GC and try it out, but that seems excessive since I just want to hear it and am not looking to buy anything right now.

So how about it? Does anyone have this guitar that can post a sound bite of it?
Old 11-09-2017, 12:14 PM

bump...anybody???
Old 11-09-2017, 12:34 PM

I'd have to guess it sounds like the 140A ??

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 11-09-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
I'd have to guess it sounds like the 140A ??
I'm guessing, from the videos of the other 200 series like the 260 vs 160 that's not the case but so far I'll never know
Old 11-09-2017, 04:30 PM

I have one and love it, but I only have iPhone quality audio/visual to offer, which probably won't tell you much. I'm happy to answer whatever questions you might have, though.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:40 PM

Have you tried contacting one of the forum sponsors such as Maury's Music? They carry Blueridge guitars. He might be able to provide you with a sound sample. They do many demos on Youtube.

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Old 11-09-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghthawk View Post
Have you tried contacting one of the forum sponsors such as Maury's Music? They carry Blueridge guitars. He might be able to provide you with a sound sample. They do many demos on Youtube.
I haven't contacted them directly, but I did leave a request on their youtube review. It would probably just be better to call them as you suggested.

I was just hoping someone had or would post a little something to hear how it sounds. Failing that, I can always ask GC to have one sent to the store near me.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentKooper View Post
I have one and love it, but I only have iPhone quality audio/visual to offer, which probably won't tell you much. I'm happy to answer whatever questions you might have, though.
IDK, the Iphone recordings I've heard are pretty good but I just wanted to hear one.

Mostly I'm wondering if it's a flat sound like the D-18 or does it have more overtones than that. Anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated though.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb9682 View Post
IDK, the Iphone recordings I've heard are pretty good but I just wanted to hear one.

Mostly I'm wondering if it's a flat sound like the D-18 or does it have more overtones than that. Anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated though.

I would say it does not have a lot of overtones. The only meaningful comparison I can make is to my rosewood BR-163A, which has a lot of overtones. The 240A seems cleaner, more fundamental. I've had a lot of compliments on its tone, from pros who didn't have to say anything one way or another. Soundwise it compares well to most of the D-18s I've played around with. Buildwise, the Martins are nicer. But the 240A is still a pretty nice guitar. I've thought off and on about selling it, just because I prefer smaller guitars. But I can never bring myself to do it, and lately I'm thinking I'll just hang on to it.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I would say it does not have a lot of overtones. The only meaningful comparison I can make is to my rosewood BR-163A, which has a lot of overtones. The 240A seems cleaner, more fundamental. I've had a lot of compliments on its tone, from pros who didn't have to say anything one way or another. Soundwise it compares well to most of the D-18s I've played around with. Buildwise, the Martins are nicer. But the 240A is still a pretty nice guitar. I've thought off and on about selling it, just because I prefer smaller guitars. But I can never bring myself to do it, and lately I'm thinking I'll just hang on to it.
I'm not going to right now, because our house flooded in Houston recently and I'm still not back home as they're just finishing up the reconstruction, but I'd like to get a 240A when all the dust settles.

So thank you for providing some answers about that model.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:51 PM

Default Blueridge BR-240A recording?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb9682 View Post
I'm not going to right now, because our house flooded in Houston recently and I'm still not back home as they're just finishing up the reconstruction, but I'd like to get a 240A when all the dust settles.

So thank you for providing some answers about that model.

No prob. I'll try to get a good clip and when I do I'll post it here. And sorry about your house. I hope you get back in soon.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
No prob. I'll try to get a good clip and when I do I'll post it here. And sorry about your house. I hope you get back in soon.
Thanks, I'd love to hear it if you get something recorded. It's been interesting with the house, that's for sure
We're moving along though, and I hope to have everything back to normal soon.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

Best of luck to you, rlb...
Old 11-13-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Best of luck to you, rlb...
Thank you! It's just a matter of time and patience. Sadly, I'm usually lacking in the latter
Old 11-18-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghthawk View Post
Well, I sent an inquiry and got an email back from Maury's and......no go!

Actually, here's the response I got.

"Hi Randy- thanks for your interest. If we get an order for one, we'll shoot a video before we connect our customer with it... but honestly we almost never get any interest in this model, so we're hesitant to stock it.
I'm sorry I don't have better news at this time."

Bummer. On one hand I understand, on the other I really enjoy the Blueridge guitars and would love to hear this one. Oh well, the search continues!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion