The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-24-2014, 07:09 PM

Default Playing Joe Perry's Rig

I had the unbelievable privilege to spend a day with Aerosmith in Cincinnati, 7/22/14 due to the kindness of Joe Perry's Guitar Tech, Mr. Foster. What an amazing thrill to get to play sound check with the techs of the band - all pro players - using Joe Perry's rig. I apologize for the audio quality as the volume of these amazing rigs easily overwhelmed the mic on our camera. Aerosmith has been a band for 44 years with the same 5 members - their influence on me as a young guitar player was tremendous as it has been for so many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tXXI3Qyxk4
Old 07-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Charter Member

very cool !

000-15 / GC7 / GA3-12 / SB2-C / SB2-Cp / AVC-11MHx / AC-240
Old 07-24-2014, 07:30 PM

Love it..... I bet it felt great being on the stage playing a great song with the techs of such a good group in my humble opinion. Aerosmith has stood the test of time because of their music.

Congratulations on being able to experience this and in allowing us the opportunity to share the experience.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

Absolutely awesome!
Is that your own Les Paul you're playing, or one that was on hand?
Very, very cool dude!

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...
Old 07-25-2014, 06:08 AM

thanks gentlemen for giving your time to check this out and i greatly appreciate you taking your time to post the kind comments. Agree, they have given us some classics in every sense of the word - they've been a band with the same members for 44 years.

the guitar was Mr. Perry's - a Gibson Sig model of his 59 LP. Very few of these were built and they were and i believe on aged like his was about 14K. Stupid expensive but wow what a great great guitar!

Old 07-25-2014, 06:58 AM

Pretty fantastic. Nice playing. The band could take a night off and let the crew play! LOL
Old 07-25-2014, 07:08 AM

Very Cool, great playing... That's a cool experience you had..
Old 07-25-2014, 09:08 AM

It's all our dreams to play through our hero's rigs, and you've done it! Must have been an amazing experience. How did you come about to knowing Mr. Foster?
Old 07-25-2014, 01:39 PM

thanks gentlemen for giving your time to check this out...appreciated!

Dru Edwards - Aerosmith wanted to add No More No More to this tours set list and Joe nor his tech (Mr. Foster) could remember the tuning. They found my tutorial video on YT and relearned the tune. Mr. Foster was kind enough to hunt me down and email me offering to repay me by allowing me to come to a show and play through Joe's rig. Seriously couldn't believe it - this is one of the kindest things they could do - they in NO way had to even know who i was. I'm very very thankful and i made some new friends and a day my son and i will never forget.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
thanks gentlemen for giving your time to check this out...appreciated!

Dru Edwards - Aerosmith wanted to add No More No More to this tours set list and Joe nor his tech (Mr. Foster) could remember the tuning. They found my tutorial video on YT and relearned the tune. Mr. Foster was kind enough to hunt me down and email me offering to repay me by allowing me to come to a show and play through Joe's rig. Seriously couldn't believe it - this is one of the kindest things they could do - they in NO way had to even know who i was. I'm very very thankful and i made some new friends and a day my son and i will never forget.
That's an amazing story! Hard to believe they needed to do a YT search for his own tuning, lol.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:46 PM

Super cool. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I've been a subscriber to your YT channel for quite a while. Your tutorials are great, and the LLB rocks!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:50 AM

JHD512 - really appreciate the kind post sir and thanks for sharing music - hope all is great your way friend!

dale

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars