The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-08-2018, 09:56 AM

Default Cubase tempo issue

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem.

I recorded an acoustic guitar piece using Cubase Elements 8. I didn't use a click track. After recording it, I listened back to the track a couple times and everything sounded OK. Tempo and pitch were exactly as it had been recorded. I saved the project, but when I opened it the next day, the tempo was much faster and the pitch was higher.

I've been screwing around with the software and the manual and can't figure out how to get it back to the original tempo and pitch.

Maybe someone has a theory as to how this happened . . . .

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:53 PM

There are both pitch and tempo apps in Cubase that can change audio. It's beyond me how either pitch or tempo could have been changed without you intentionally doing it and saving the project with those changes.

I'm not sure if the original audio file you recorded has been permanently changed but it's worth a try importing that file into a new project to find out.

Good luck

Jim

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD