The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-22-2016, 10:06 PM

Default Dreadnought Junior and K&K Pure Mini

Well, I can report that the K&K Pure Mini sounds great in my Dreadnought Junior!

I picked up this guitar a couple of weeks ago and installed the K&K today. Except for a bit of a super glue mess (only on the interior - not a very clean install ), the installation went well. The guitar sounds great unplugged and even better amplified. This is a great option if you're looking to install a pickup in your Dreadnought Junior.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinto View Post
Well, I can report that the K&K Pure Mini sounds great in my Dreadnought Junior!

I picked up this guitar a couple of weeks ago and installed the K&K today. Except for a bit of a super glue mess (only on the interior - not a very clean install ), the installation went well. The guitar sounds great unplugged and even better amplified. This is a great option if you're looking to install a pickup in your Dreadnought Junior.
Cool! Did you run it direct into your input source or through a preamp first? I love those little Martin Dreadnought Jr.s Great guitars!
Old 10-22-2016, 11:31 PM

So far I've plugged it directly into my Godin ASG-150and it sounds great. I have a Fishman preamp I want to try, and also a Fender Passport Mini.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinto View Post
So far I've plugged it directly into my Godin ASG-150and it sounds great. I have a Fishman preamp I want to try, and also a Fender Passport Mini.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I have a Fishman Platinum Stage, less bells and whistles than the Pro. However, running the K&K through that just blew me away- increase in presence and warmth and more headroom. Love the tone in my guitar room but have yet to play it out live yet.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification