The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-03-2010, 09:24 AM

Default Introduction

Hi all,
I've been a silent reader here for a very long time, havent posted anything for several years... So now that Ive been trying out my new photo equipment, i thought it would be nice to (re)introduce myself with some pictures and also become a more active part of all discussions.

My name is Lars Rasmussen, im a luthier in Stockholm, Sweden. I build mainly steel string guitars, and since I also run a repair shop i make only around six to eight guitars annually. Ive been building guitars for seven years, and have been an apprentice of Dana Bourgeios, and I also did a really short (5-week) apprenticeship with Ervin Somogyi.

Here are some photos of my recent work: First one is a Model D, which is simply a 12 fret dreadnought. This one has 25.5 scale, slotted headstock, koa back, sides and binding. The top is made from lutz spruce. The guitar is light, loud and very dynamic. This is my first attempt with lutz, and Im shure i will use it again. Its got all what i like about a great euro top, same responsiveness and clarity, but i find its a little bit 'softer around the edges' or warmer.

Next one is a Model L, which is based around the body shape of a Gibson L00. This one I call 'The Brazilian Madness'. Back, sides, binding, bridge, fretboard and headplate are brw. The top is made from swiss spruce from a company named Florinett, they are just awesome so i thought it would be nice to mention them.

(I really need to practice photographing dark woods...)

Thanks all for looking. My website is currently being reconstructed, but check it up later this summer!

www.rasmussenguitars.com!

Cheers!

www.rasmussenguitars.com
Old 06-03-2010, 09:31 AM

Hey Lars,

great work! The figure of the Koa is gorgeous, does that grow in Sweden?

How long have you been building guitars and is there a market for luthier-build guitars in Sweden?

Thanks

Karl
Old 06-03-2010, 09:33 AM

Hi Lars - absolutely stunning guitars!!! I'm sure a lot of folks around here would love to have the opportunity to play one of your builds.

Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 AM

Very nice guitars Lars

Olson Brazilian Dread #1325
Olson Brazilian SJ #1350
Olson Tiger Myrtle Dread #1355
Olson Brazilian Jumbo #1351
Olson 12-string Jumbo (one of only a few)
Martin D-42 Johnny Cash #51/200 (only 80 made)
And a few others

Quite a few limited edition and rare Martins
-----------------

http://www.kekomusic.com
Old 06-03-2010, 10:13 AM

Hi Lars,

That's some introduction!

If you ever want to "get cured" just send that "Brazilian Madness" to me and I'll take care of that, you can count on me...

Michael
Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 AM

Hej Lars

Beautiful guitars! I love that L model...looking forward to you website. What part of Stockholm are you in? Jag har en Småländsk fru från Eksjö och jag har bott i Sverige tio år.

Mvh
curt
Old 06-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

Hi Lars,

Beautiful Guitars,

That Koa is incredible!

The L model is really beautiful, elegant, I like the understated look of the
purfling and the rosette.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:04 PM

Hi Lars, I believe I have seen your work on the OLF. Some great looking guitars. Would be nice to see some future build threads or threads to show off your work.

Also, when is your website due back up?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Eric Skye

wowza. Nice into sir.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:01 AM

Thanks for all nice comments! I plan to have my website up and running again by the end of june/mid july. It will have a build log/blog, there you can follow the progress of various builds.

Curt, that is so nice! I actually spent the weekend in eksjö(thats why im so late in responding to this thread) celebrating my sister who graduated(studenten) from school. I grew up in Kråkshult, 1/2 hour away from eksjö, so i go to småland quite often. My workshop is located near fridhemsplan in stockholm, if youre around stockholm, please drop by!

www.rasmussenguitars.com
Old 06-07-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Rasmussen View Post
Thanks for all nice comments! I plan to have my website up and running again by the end of june/mid july. It will have a build log/blog, there you can follow the progress of various builds.

Curt, that is so nice! I actually spent the weekend in eksjö(thats why im so late in responding to this thread) celebrating my sister who graduated(studenten) from school. I grew up in Kråkshult, 1/2 hour away from eksjö, so i go to småland quite often. My workshop is located near fridhemsplan in stockholm, if youre around stockholm, please drop by!
Thanks Lars, I know where Kråkshult is. I did a lot of flyfishing between Eksjö and Hultsfred. We also lived in Vimmerby for some years. You are on Kungsholmen..... is that about one stop on the tunnelbanan to Filadelfia i Stor-Stockholm? Not sure if we are going to make a visit this year but if we do I'll be sure to stop by.

If your passing through Colorado, be sure to contact us!

Last edited by mesa; 06-07-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 AM

Aloha Lars, nice to see you posting here....looking forward to the wisdom and wit that you share on the OLF....

Hen
Clark: A-Wedge Monkeypod/Snkr Rdwd
Cornerstone: Zion All Koa
Cornerstone: Tenor Ukulele Prototype #2 All Koa
Fay: OM Mac Eb/Englemann
Stehr: Aud. Braz/Snkr Rdwd 8-str

Plaid Coyote's gone home to play

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop