The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-19-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
I don't want to derail this thread... I've been considering the L00 or the CEO 7 also, but, what lower priced alternatives might there be for the L00?
You might consider the Farida Old Town series offered at Elderly's Music.

2023 Taylor AD22e
2001 Guild F47RCE

Certified Fretting Technician - Galloup School of Luthiery 2005
Guitar Builder/Tech
Old 08-19-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirassic View Post
Was it a mystic rosewood L-00 ?
No. It is a limited run of the "Keb Mo" series with a natural finish and no Keb Mo name on the truss rod cover. Twenty five inch scale with a one point eight nut.

2023 Taylor AD22e
2001 Guild F47RCE

Certified Fretting Technician - Galloup School of Luthiery 2005
Guitar Builder/Tech
Old 08-19-2017, 09:39 PM

A couple of years ago I was looking to get one of these two (also a couple others) and liked both though they were definitely different guitars. I looked at a few more of similar size but ended up ordering a Blackbird Lucky 13 after I had a chance or two to sit down with that model. Simply awesome guitar and I haven't looked back. I still think they are both great guitars, but the Lucky 13 is also a great fingerpicker and sounds great even though I was at first worried about the sound before I sat down with it because it is made out of carbon fiber instead of wood. I was glad I had a chance to play the model and could trust getting one by mail because of the manufacturing process on how consistent they are. That and it's durability in inclement environments are what won me over instead of these great wood guitars mentioned here.

If I had to pick between the Gibsons and CEO-7. I would probably go with a Gibson assuming I had an opportunity to play it first to make sure it wasn't a dud.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 08-20-2017, 08:10 AM

Anybody tried the mystic rosewood version of the l-00? Maybe something in between the Martin and standard Gibson ?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion